Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Just got to hope he is not motivated by money and he knows he is in a team that is allowing him to develop.
Neither Evan - nor his father - have ever given the impression that they were interested in money. It seems to be all about the football. His father knows have football works having been a player himself - if you focus on the football you are going to make decent money on the back of fulfilling your potential.

I think it is pretty much inevitable that Ferguson will join one of the 'big' English or European clubs at some point - unless Brighton become a consistent top four team - but | suspect both Evan and his dad are happy with his situation in Brighton at the moment.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know what you mean, but MacAllister was the same - a dad who has been involved in football at all levels, and as a coach, agent etc.

Anyone will be saying ‘it’s a short career, you need to make the most of it’ etc - and while i think we have a while yet - it’s incredibly rare to have a talent of that quality at such a young age.

If Salah goes for £175M I’d be very concerned, likewise Real Madrid might be keen…
Ali Mac is 6 years older than Ferguson though…..….

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Buzzing for Match of the Day, get to watch the game again. I just hope they don't wax lyrical about Ferguson, we need them to be hush-hush, he's too good.
No I don’t think they’ll mention an 18 year old who has just score a hatrick against a Champions League team.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Love this from page 1 🤣🙌
Three years ago when people here were raving about Connolly after he scored against Spurs - I cautioned that the hype was not warranted and that Connolly had a long, long way to go to make it as a PL player.

The day Brighton signed Ferguson I stated that Brighton had got the best prospect in a long time to come out of Ireland and he was destined to become a top player in the PL (or beyond). There are some kids that you know are just going to make it - and Ferguson had that mapped out for him since the day he played against Chelsea as a 14 year-old and looked like he belonged in that company.

My top wish that I want to see from his career is that he breaks the Irish goal scoring record of that pr*ck Robbie Keane (and that I am still around to see it).

Nialler

Aug 30, 2019
Three years ago when people here were raving about Connolly after he scored against Spurs - I cautioned that the hype was not warranted and that Connolly had a long, long way to go to make it as a PL player.

The day Brighton signed Ferguson I stated that Brighton had got the best prospect in a long time to come out of Ireland and he was destined to become a top player in the PL (or beyond). There are some kids that you know are just going to make it - and Ferguson had that mapped out for him since the day he played against Chelsea as a 14 year-old and looked like he belonged in that company.

My top wish that I want to see from his career is that he breaks the Irish goal scoring record of that pr*ck Robbie Keane (and that I am still around to see it).
I really really dislike Robbie too.
I think if he stays relatively fit throughout his career he will thank god.
Funnily enough Connolly is starting to put some performances together and could have a decent year this year.

If we get Melia through quickly and I suspect he will make an early prem debut too we will have a nice forward line.
Starting to really worry about Zefi and especially his attitude. Seems to be a little shit but still the most talented little shit I have ever seen at 13.
we really lack wingers and att mids. Praying to god Doherty and Moran fulfill their promise. Mullins too for that matter. He won't be a world beater but jesus we need players around Evan. We have a host of good defenders.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
WTF was Carney on about in relation to Ferguson taking the same pathway as Bellingham? Jamie R looked utterly confused to 😁

That was very odd. Bellingham is a little over a year older than Ferguson and currently the main man at Real Madrid, having already had a stint at one of the the biggest clubs in Europe. If Evan wants to follow that path, he's already running late.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I really really dislike Robbie too.
I think if he stays relatively fit throughout his career he will thank god.
Funnily enough Connolly is starting to put some performances together and could have a decent year this year.

If we get Melia through quickly and I suspect he will make an early prem debut too we will have a nice forward line.
Starting to really worry about Zefi and especially his attitude. Seems to be a little shit but still the most talented little shit I have ever seen at 13.
we really lack wingers and att mids. Praying to god Doherty and Moran fulfill their promise. Mullins too for that matter. He won't be a world beater but jesus we need players around Evan. We have a host of good defenders.
In the meantime I like Sinclair Armstrong - think he could become a top player and we still have Adam Idah who is getting a run of games at Norwich which will do him the world of good.

Yea - the weak point of the Irish team is midfield - Smallbone also has some potential. But you have to wonder what would have happened with Rice and Grealish in the midfield behind Evan - it would have made for some very interesting times.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
WTF was Carney on about in relation to Ferguson taking the same pathway as Bellingham? Jamie R looked utterly confused to 😁
i got where she was coming from. different scenario in the bundesliga and a slight age difference in terms of how quickly ferguson will take that path, but the important thing for bellingham was that he was playing regularly at dortmund, without tonnes of pressure. that enabled him to get to the level where he could move to madrid and not succumb to the immense expectations there as he’d already developed enough.

that’s the same thing that needs to happen for evan here

Nialler

Aug 30, 2019
In the meantime I like Sinclair Armstrong - think he could become a top player and we still have Adam Idah who is getting a run of games at Norwich which will do him the world of good.

Yea - the weak point of the Irish team is midfield - Smallbone also has some potential. But you have to wonder what would have happened with Rice and Grealish in the midfield behind Evan - it would have made for some very interesting times.
I like Armstrong but I don't think he and Idah really ever make elite level football. I do think Zefi,Melia, Doherty etc have a chance but no harm at all producing lads who have a shot at least. Both will make solid careers though hopefully. With England winning U21's hard to see us snatching Carsley now. What we need now is a new manager. Kenny is rudderless at this point. I just don't trust the FAI picking coaches but the next one has got to be right and he should be gone Immediately after this window. The got rid of Pauw after WC qualification so... :ROFLMAO:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003

Curious.....but why the dislike for Robbie Keane?!!

On a personal level, he ruined for me and 1000s of other Brighton fans around 2004 a perfectly good afternoon in North London when he scored a late winner for Spurs away in the FA Cup :(

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Curious.....but why the dislike for Robbie Keane?!!
He's full of himself - a smarmy, slimly, little d*ckhead - from day one when he made his debut for Ireland he got on my nerves. And he loves sucking up to the powers that be - being one of their boot-lickers.

I hope he has an absolutely disastrous time in Israel with that racist bunch of sh*ts that he is being paid big money to coach. Maybe then he can go home and end up flogging his wife's lingerie.

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
He's full of himself - a smarmy, slimly, little d*ckhead - from day one when he made his debut for Ireland he got on my nerves. And he loves sucking up to the powers that be - being one of their boot-lickers.

I hope he has an absolutely disastrous time in Israel with that racist bunch of sh*ts that he is being paid big money to coach. Maybe then he can go home and end up flogging his wife's lingerie.
When she is wearing it ?

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011

I liked the comparison. She was echoing Rednapps point about only leaving when he’s ready. Bellingham didn’t just leave Dortmund after one successful season like Cucu & Calciedo. He stayed there until he was the main man and the fully developed player he is now. That sound incredible given his age but that’s the level he can get to and why there are comparisons to Fergusons career right now. She was implying Ferguson should stay with us for a few seasons until he’s fully/more developed because his potential is that high.

As a side note, I really hope this is the case going forwards. Bloom is already setting a good president for this by gain a reputation for sticking to high asking prices. Qualifying for Europe a second time will go a long way too - it lessens the gap between us and bigger clubs

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
That was very odd. Bellingham is a little over a year older than Ferguson and currently the main man at Real Madrid, having already had a stint at one of the the biggest clubs in Europe. If Evan wants to follow that path, he's already running late.
On Monday night football this season her one to watch was Mitoma🤣 everyone knows how good he is they are meant to pick a new arrival to the PL.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Great to see Shane Duffy greeting Evan at the Irish HQ.

He arrived in the same car as Connolly, too. Much as there are plenty of influences from those two, I'd rather Evan didn't pick up, I'm sure they are all good mates.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here