Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I've a sneaky feeling this lad is going to be a absolute goal machine in the not too distant future,I'd get his contract extended for as long as possible,perhaps I'm over hyping him for my own personal inkling but there's definitely something special about Ferguson. I may even tweet it to my 9 followers :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've a sneaky feeling this lad is going to be a absolute goal machine in the not too distant future,I'd get his contract extended for as long as possible,perhaps I'm over hyping him for my own personal inkling but there's definitely something special about Ferguson. I may even tweet it to my 9 followers :)

Hopefully for 3 different clubs, in 3 different divisions, over the next 3 seasons.

Before returning to the Albion having actually learned his trade.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Just catching up on the u21s highlights from their Leicester game. Really decent hat trick from Evan Ferguson, 3 very nice finishes. & when he has made brief appearances for the mens team he also seems fine with the physical side of the game. At 17 we need to tread carefully with his development and not rush things, but obviously lots of potential there. Maybe he would have got a loan this year had we brought in another striker. Hopefully he can start that loan journey soon, like Ben White did, and ascend through the leagues.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c.../2785230/pl2-highlights-leicester-1-albion-4/

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Great hat trick, and unlucky with a couple of others. The take and turn for the chance saved by the keeper's boot at 2-1, is top class.

Looks a real talent.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Great hat trick, and unlucky with a couple of others. The take and turn for the chance saved by the keeper's boot at 2-1, is top class.

Looks a real talent.

It was a brilliant hat trick. The commentator said his third goal was the pick of the bunch but I would say his second was, that was a wonderful clinical finish. He put it in about only place he could have scored from there.

As you say, a special talent.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Been wondering what the plan for him is.

Will he go on loan, or not?

And will the plan change with the new management coming in?

Feel it's important we do our best at getting this one right, after (arguably) misjudging Connolly's development.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Been wondering what the plan for him is.

Will he go on loan, or not?

And will the plan change with the new management coming in?

Feel it's important we do our best at getting this one right, after (arguably) misjudging Connolly's development.

He's still only 17, keep him in the u23s for now.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Can you loan out a player before his 18th?

Anyway, one to be patient with. Connolly scored for fun in the U23s but wasn't able to make the huge step up in one go, so hopefully lessons will have been learned.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
I'd love to see him get some minutes off the bench occasionally. He certainly doesn't look too far off looking at his performances in the cups. My worry with loaning him is that he'll attract a big offer before he ever really gets to do his stuff in our first team.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Interesting watching him at FGR in the cup game as not seen much of him live before. Big and powerful, especially for 17. Will need regular game time so almost certain to go out on loan I would think - maybe he hasn’t as yet due to lack of Welbeck-type cover in the squad

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Interesting watching him at FGR in the cup game as not seen much of him live before. Big and powerful, especially for 17. Will need regular game time so almost certain to go out on loan I would think - maybe he hasn’t as yet due to lack of Welbeck-type cover in the squad

I've just caught up with the Leicester highlights and he is in a different League to the others at U21 level. He is big and powerful but seems to have a hunger and ability to score which , without wanting to talk him up too much, puts me in mind of Harry Kane.

He might just be the exception that proves the rule, and he could make the transition into the first team as a teenager. If Welbeck was to be out of the team for whatever reason, he looks the player most likely to fulfil his role and allow us to play in the same style. The new head coach will have the say, of course.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I've just caught up with the Leicester highlights and he is in a different League to the others at U21 level. He is big and powerful but seems to have a hunger and ability to score which , without wanting to talk him up too much, puts me in mind of Harry Kane.

He might just be the exception that proves the rule, and he could make the transition into the first team as a teenager. If Welbeck was to be out of the team for whatever reason, he looks the player most likely to fulfil his role and allow us to play in the same style. The new head coach will have the say, of course.

Agreed…….suspect he’s on the cusp of ready/not quite ready. Needs carefully managing……

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here