Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But the quote has taken on a life of its own and it's now used in a broader sense, without the context of the character who said it. Mostly because he's one of the worst aspects of the entire show, certainly the post-Carrell two years.

I worry for Kevin, I'm not sure he'll have had better days than during the run of that documentay!
TBH I barely watched it once Carell left - the writing went a bit silly (as it often does towards the end of US sitcom runs) and they basically just started giving all the Michael Scott lines to Andy.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Ferguson starts for Ireland tonight in a friendly against Latvia. I would be shocked if he didn't play some part against France on Monday - although Adam Idah will probably start if he is fit.

There is no comparison between Ferguson and Connolly - Ferguson has his head screwed on, Connolly doesn't. Connolly is a victim of a money based football system that chews up and spits out thousands of kids every year. Ferguson is fortunate that his father knows how the system works and can protect him - Connolly did not have that luxury. This is not to saw that Connolly cannot go on and have a decent career - but he will need to sort out his head before it all slips away from him.

Let's be clear - Ferguson is going to be in huge demand next summer. Strikers of quality are a rare commodity in the PL and Ferguson has the potential to be one of the best. The billionaire clubs will spend a kings ransom to get a young and talented striker. There will be some serious big money offers that Bloom will have to consider.

And by the way - just so people are aware - Bohemians have a 15% sell-on clause so they are hoping Brighton get a massive amount of money for him. The money from Ferguson could lead to Bohs dominating the League of Ireland for the next decade.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
You can’t judge a player based on one game or even three or four . Ferguson has shown his undeniable talent in well over a dozen games . His running off the ball , link up play , passing , and shooting ability are all in my unprofessional opinion at a very high level . If he plays a part in most of the games next season , I would expect him to score circa 15-20 goals .

He will then become very hot property indeed .

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
You can’t judge a player based on one game or even three or four . Ferguson has shown his undeniable talent in well over a dozen games . His running off the ball , link up play , passing , and shooting ability are all in my unprofessional opinion at a very high level . If he plays a part in most of the games next season , I would expect him to score circa 15-20 goals .

He will then become very hot property indeed .
Don't forget how very nice his first touch is for a big lad. Astonishingly deft.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
His goal scoring is impressive and will only get better with experience. However, his link up play is as impressive. Angled runs , decoy runs, drag defender runs the lad has it all in spades. Looking forward to watching him this evening.

TNBA

TTF

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I was just watching the Evan Ferguson goals so far video on YouTube and noticed that for his second against Grimsby Denis Undav raised his hands in celebration before Ferguson had even hit it!
Under the majority of the Potter era, our shots, so often, ended up hitting the keeper if they were on target. That was so incredibly frustrating!

Looking at that video, Ferguson’s shots just can’t be saved. He aims away from the keeper every time. It’s an astonishingly difficult thing to achieve that I’ve only seen Zamora and Murray do consistently for the club (I’m sure Ward did the same before my time). The keepers just don’t have a chance when Ferg shoots. That is pure natural ability, time slows down for him in front of goal like it does for all the great No.9s. He calmly picks his spot and executes to perfection time after time. His finishing is priceless. So much so that his goals will actually start winning us stuff if he stays long enough.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Does anyone know that if Ferguson was to be poached by another club would it go to a tribunal given his age.
No. He signed a 3.5 year contract back in October. Tribunals are only for when young players leave without a contract.

Nialler

Aug 30, 2019
I think overall, Big Ferg, like many other Irish folk, has had a jolly good St Patrick's Weekend!

He has a big, big future, and hopefully a lot of that will be with us.
I would have liked to have won more races at Cheltenham and played better against England but it def was a good weekend.
Contract is until 2026, signed in October last year.
He will def get a new contract in the summer. He had a pre-contract when he went to Brighton. I would imagine he will get a big bump in the summer and add a year.

I don't know the lad, but I'm not getting "I need to be at Real Madrid keeping Benzema out of the team by the time i'm 20, or i'll be getting my agent to write a ridiculous twitter plea for a transfer and be putting the assistant coach up against a wall" vibes off of him.

It could be just me being hopelessly naive about modern football, but I can imagine a situation where Evan is happy to be here for the next few years getting a decent run in the side, learning his trade earning a decent contract and getting a few goals, and just seeing what the future brings.
I will be shocked if he goes anywhere tbh. Maybe he will be tempted to go to Manure because he is a fan but I doubt it. I def want him in Brighton until he is 21 at least.
He is not stupid either, he will get plenty of football at Brighton and less anywhere he goes. Imagine thinking a guy will go to a club to be a Harry Kane understudy for 5 years haha.
No - his dad works for IFA.

His agents are the YMU group. They look after a lot of American players.
His old man works for the FAI. Community officer type role. Not a technical role really. IFA is actually the northern association.
He has sound advice around him but by all accounts he wanted the Brighton over Liverpool move himself. He made that decision so he is not a stupid lad with an oversized ego. We may have our problems but generally barring a few, Irish people are pretty humble and level headed.

What he will get told at international level is to stay or go where you are getting games. All the lads are.
I can't imagine him making a great decision and then saying "Yeah now would be the time to go to a super club and sit on a bench and ruin my original good decision"
Why the hell would he or any young lad want to leave Brighton atm?? and I say this as a Leeds fan

We are in a similar situation with another player now and all the top clubs want him in UK and elsewhere. Liverpool want him badly.
just 15 playing senior ball here, scoring hatricks underage internationally playing 2 age groups up and youngest player to score for his club etc
Every single Irish fan who knows about him is saying in unison "Go to f***ing Brighton"

Brighton are in a good spot because we have a rich crop of talent coming and every one of them will think Brighton is a good idea.

I told ye in the thread earlier there was nothing to worry about Evan is the 100 million beast striker ye wanted. He is nailed on thank god :ROFLMAO:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Time to waste the betting profits from the weekend & yesterday:

£20 on Ferguson to score at least one goal (odds: 1.84)
£10 on Ferguson to score at least two (odds: 5.00)
£5 on Ferguson to score at least three (odds: 17.00)

Not fantastic odds but I have a feeling...

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I haven't kept up with Irish politics since I left there just over four years ago but was surprised to see Michael D Higgins still going strong 😁

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland
irish.jpg

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
We are in a similar situation with another player now and all the top clubs want him in UK and elsewhere. Liverpool want him badly.
just 15 playing senior ball here, scoring hatricks underage internationally playing 2 age groups up and youngest player to score for his club etc
Every single Irish fan who knows about him is saying in unison "Go to f***ing Brighton"
Thanks for the insight. Who is the young lad that is rated so highly?
Obviously one to keep an eye on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here