Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Eurovision Song Contest 2024 ***Official Thread & Sweepstake**

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I only watch the Eurovision final, not the semi-finals. I’m excited to see the performances :giggle:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Switzerland were the stand outs in that semi final, they’ll be challenging Croatia for the win I reckon.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Switzerland were the stand outs in that semi final, they’ll be challenging Croatia for the win I reckon.
To be honest, after seeing the concert-style performance from Croatia, and the way it was received in the hall - I'm not sure why anyone else is bothering! Surely the winners already?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
To be honest, after seeing the concert-style performance from Croatia, and the way it was received in the hall - I'm not sure why anyone else is bothering! Surely the winners already?
Almost certainly. They were excellent. Swiss second though maybe.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
I must say (not just because I'm Swedish) that the production by the Swe-telly has been pretty good. I've enjoyed both semis. Like the way the stage is in the middle-ish. Great shows so far, looking forward to Saturday!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I haven't actually HEARD the Swedish entry yet, but based on the comments here, and on drawing them in @Frutos sweep, I have LUMPED on them to win.

A whole POUND E/W @ 150/1

I can taste the celebratory meatballs and kanelbullar already...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This has now become political with Israel from 2 to 1 from 33 to win after qualifying last night and is now a means of offering support for Israel for those who want and their with be a atmosphere in the stadium which could turn nasty. I am not making comment other than this is supposed to be a song contest. Shame

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
This has now become political with Israel from 2 to 1 from 33 to win after qualifying last night and is now a means of offering support for Israel for those who want and their with be a atmosphere in the stadium which could turn nasty. I am not making comment other than this is supposed to be a song contest. Shame
It's been political for a long long time.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Why does the UK contestant have to have men in boxing outfits alongside him ? Is this a gay statement in our name or a nod to the Village People ?
Had to chuckle when Rylan & Scott Mills put out a "warning" about one of the other acts wearing revealing costumes / bodysuits a few songs after the UK performed, but funnily enough said nothing beforehand about our staging 😏

Always enjoyed Eurovision, but really not been impressed with this years entries on the whole. Last song I really liked was this one....

Last edited:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Looking forward to it - enjoy watching the camp lunacy with Mrs Mellotron.

Chap at work said he quite liked a couple of songs from the semi final but that some of it was "a bit too camp".

I don't think he's quite understood Eurovision.
I wish there was a way to broadcast it across Russia - that would be a hoot.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Croatia Evens
Israel 2 to 1
6 to 1 bar

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports