Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euros 2024 - Semi Final - Spain vs France

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The last time I tried to attend a game, it turns out I had gone to not only the wrong stadium, but the wrong country :facepalm: lesson learned!

Anyway, VERY quiet here at the Camp Nou, are we looking at a record low attendance? I’ve been getting into the pre-match spirit, some lovely locals started a water gun fight (later, bricks) with us tourists in a restaurant, which is all in good fun. Does anyone know what vete a la mierda a casa means?

Looking forward to a cracking game, once the turnstiles open, I’m guessing they’re all having their siestas and munching on bratwurst as is the custom.

Olé!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Spain are the only good team left in this tournament TBH, the other three have all been utter frauds

Midget

Amexgemeinschaftsstadionhallebierschluckerinchen
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Hooray football again. Looking forward to tonight, 2 very different teams. Hopefully Spain can get an early goal and then we can see if their defence can hold up and if France can actually do something when they need to.

Will Spain miss Carvajal? Will Mbappé turn up?

Two great keepers, who'll do best if it goes to pens, Simón or Maignan?

How many fantasy transfers am I going to have to make for the final?

And most importantly, will France actually score a goal from open play in this tournament?

Time for a glass of wine I think :drink:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Spain are the only good team left in this tournament TBH, the other three have all been utter frauds

So how many good teams were in the tournament at the start? Just Spain and Germany?

Midget

Amexgemeinschaftsstadionhallebierschluckerinchen
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Netherlands train got delayed so they arrived too late for their press conference & had to cancel it.

I'll take anything that gives us the tiniest advantage tbh. Can someone let off some fireworks outside their hotel tonight or something

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Hooray football again. Looking forward to tonight, 2 very different teams. Hopefully Spain can get an early goal and then we can see if their defence can hold up and if France can actually do something when they need to.

Will Spain miss Carvajal? Will Mbappé turn up?

Two great keepers, who'll do best if it goes to pens, Simón or Maignan?

How many fantasy transfers am I going to have to make for the final?

And most importantly, will France actually score a goal from open play in this tournament?

Time for a glass of wine I think :drink:
My favourite bit is your choice of emoji. Look at Sam Allardyce over here!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can someone let off some fireworks outside their hotel tonight or something

Would it be too naughty to let them off inside it?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So how many good teams were in the tournament at the start? Just Spain and Germany?
Austria, also Portugal started well then faded, Turkey had their moments too

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Austria, also Portugal started well then faded, Turkey had their moments too

Sure Turkey had their moments, but they weren't good. They lost 3-0 to Portugal for a start.
You're saying that France aren't good, but they beat Austria, and were the better team IMO. I'm not arguing that France are therefore good, but perhaps that Austria aren't that good.
Portugal have a good squad, but they did nothing of note all tournament. Yes they thrashed Turkey, but that is the Turkey that lost 6-1 to Austria in March.

I don't see any of them as having been better than England to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here