Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euros 2024 - Round of 16 (Switzerland vs Italy & Germany vs Denmark)

Midget

Amexgemeinschaftsstadionhallebierschluckerinchen
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Hmmm. A decent outfit for sure, but (without trying to get ahead of myself before the Slovakia game) I’d be absolutely devastated if England lost to Switzerland. I’d expect another comfortable win like when we beat them in the World Cup quarter final a few years ago, because that’s what we should expect from the team we have compared to theirs.
The team, yes. It's the tactics I'm worried about.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Good riddance, this is honestly a terrible Italy team and we are better for having seen them eliminated

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
The team, yes. It's the tactics I'm worried about.
I agree regarding the manager but that’s his problem to fix. As an England fan I’d be going into a game against Switzerland expecting nothing other than a win. Any thing else would be a failure

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good riddance, this is honestly a terrible Italy team and we are better for having seen them eliminated
If they're that bad, wouldn't we be better playing them in the quaters?

Midget

Amexgemeinschaftsstadionhallebierschluckerinchen
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
I agree regarding the manager but that’s his problem to fix. As an England fan I’d be going into a game against Switzerland expecting nothing other than a win. Any thing else would be a failure
You'd hope so wouldn't you. I hope Southgate takes note 🤞

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Italians seem to have three bad tournaments (if they qualify) and then reach a final.

If England made it through tomorrow it was the Italians that were best to face. They are in one of their trough cycles

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Swiss have stuck to the game plan, pressed very well and deservedly won this. The mobility of the front three has been excellent and the spine of the team, Akanji and Xhaka have controlled everything.

Only other thing from this match is that Danny Murphy is a dreadfull commentator.
Ah, he was the goon who thought the foot stamping was accidental.....

The game was fun for obvious reasons but it was also dogshit. Swizzers muffed so many chances. Italy played like relatively recently-relegated West Bromwich Albion during their relegation season.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If they're that bad, wouldn't we be better playing them in the quaters?
2024 Italy vs 2024 England would be a game so unspeakably miserable it might actually destroy reality as we know it

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Rio Ferdinand has stopped dying his beard!

Looks super cool :love:

You can't beat a bit of grey beard, nicely curated, with a white T shirt and conservative shades :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think the Swiss have been good. No surprise, in 6 tournaments in a row, they have some quality players.
Quality players, high levels of energy and shape and pattern to their play. These ingredients, plus the fact they’ve all been playing together for some time, will take them far.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Cootes and Atwell on VAR! 😂😂

Expect about 15 mins added time in each half then with the pace they make decisions 😁

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Germany unlucky to have that chalked off IMHO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here