Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euros 2024 - Round of 16 (England vs Slovakia & Spain vs Georgia)

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Emotionally drained, but wow. Taking all of the tactics aside, we deserve a bit of luck. When have England ever had real, in-game luck in tournaments?

Get in. I'm glass half-full, I know most aren't. Come on England!!!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Considering we scored the equaliser in the 95th minute and the winner in the 91st England technically played well for minus 4 minutes

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Emotionally drained, but wow. Taking all of the tactics aside, we deserve a bit of luck. When have England ever had real, in-game luck in tournaments?

The luck we've had in this tournament is being on the easier side of the draw. We left it late, Slovakia did not deserve to win that.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Whilst you need a bit of luck in a tournament and we don't usually get much, that's been nearly four games of abject football, you can't hide that. It really isn't enjoyable to watch. Slovakia may not have done much to win the game apart from the getting the first goal, but we only pulled it out the hat with a worldy from Bellingham in the last minute. It's only papered over the cracks until the next game.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Southgate finally forced to pick Dunk, proper quarterback Defender in there pinging the ball around. Dunky makes Pickford play 5 yard balls, pushes Rice on, pulls it all together and Southgate's a genius :laugh:

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Honestly, it seems *The Gods of Football* have decided that England will win this tournament no matter how badly they play.
England are holding out until Thursday. Remember, England only win tournaments under Labour governments…………

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
The luck we've had in this tournament is being on the easier side of the draw. We left it late, Slovakia did not deserve to win that.
I agree. A few comments on BBC saying Slovakia were the better team. They weren't. We weren't either. It was a classic 1-0 and then sit back, and they almost saw it through.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Really!? Christ, I got more emotional painting the shed the other day.
That was anything but emotional - just utterly, utterly dour
I'm sorry, irrespective of your feelings on this team, how can you not go absolutely ape at a 95th minute England equaliser to keep us in the tournament?! And then moments later (in terms of game time) the winner?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here