Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euros 2024 - Matchday 7

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
What a load of bollocks.
Typical go 1 up and then sit back and assume the jobs done.
Rice coming too deep, Bellingham and foden not even in the game, kane sitting so deep that we may as well not have a striker on the pitch as there's nobody to pass to up front. Really poor and Denmark will feel like England are there for the taking.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They are bombing forward, defensively to me is playing within themselves and holding back
I know. Im highlighting what happens when they don’t have the ball.

anygivensunday

Jul 5, 2012
Singapore
I think his passing is great. Otherwise, just don't see what he brings to the midfield. Certainly not energy. Doesn't seem to make any angles or move much to help others out. I think I'd rather see Bellingham back there.. he and Rice have both got the engine to get forward too, and get Foden in the middle where he does damage.
Stick Bellingham back there with Rice, he can easily play as an 8. Foden in the middle and then Gordon/Eze on the left. At least then there'll be players actually playing in their positions.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Declan Rice! Get the f*** out of the penalty area and let the defence marshall it.

YOU should be a pivot in midfield you clown. We don’t need to to carry the ball from box to box.
Exactly this. Constantly get’s in Dunk’s way when they play together by dropping back so absurdly far. Doing the same today.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ferdinand 'No disrespect to Denmark'

And then insults them.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I think his passing is great. Otherwise, just don't see what he brings to the midfield. Certainly not energy. Doesn't seem to make any angles or move much to help others out. I think I'd rather see Bellingham back there.. he and Rice have both got the engine to get forward too, and get Foden in the middle where he does damage.
He can pass if he has a ton of room. But he's hiding in short passing spaces. Which is what you need in central midfield.
You can't really give up a space in midfield entirely for someone to play long balls into space when he feels he has the requisite time on the ball. CM is about short, snappy, angled passing under pressure. He can't do any of that so the ball goes backwards slowly.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
That graphic just shown of England's position before the goal and after the goal says it all.

And Rio's saying what plenty of us have been saying for years on here.

Same thing happening every major tournament. Nothing learned.

Under Southgate, why should this one be any different?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I am so under-whelmed by this England team. I can see the big tits, I want a tit wank but I know it's just a flat girl in a well-padded bra.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Christ I hate watching Southgate’s England.

f***ing Deja Vu every f***ing tournament game against a half decent side. Take the lead and sit back and let them back into the game.

Such a dreadful waste of the talent available

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here