Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Football] Euros 2024 - Matchday 6

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
McGregor in the centre of the pitch has been a stalwart for Celtic for years. Heā€™s horrendous! Sums up the standard of the Scottish league

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Yeah, Iā€™m torn between wanting Billy to do well and the Swiss to absolutely embarrass the poorer Scotch players for the lolz.
It's an interesting difference, in that I think most Scotland fans are desperately hoping that Ralston manages to raise his game or, failing that, that the ball comes nowhere near him, whereas I think that a fair number of England fans would also enjoy their own weaker players like, say, Harry Maguire being absolutely embarrassed by the opposition for the lolz.

But then that's because England fans know that there are better options than Maguire available and if an absolute shocker is what it takes for Southgate to drop him then it's worth the cost. I don't know enough about Scotland fringe players to say whether Ralston has competition for his place but I'm guessing not.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Switzerland were bloody atrocious

That was a really poor game

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Now, the Haggis/Goulash question IS up for debate.
I prefer to think of it as ā€œis cheese better as a fondue or deep fried?ā€, and a draw is the correct outcome then

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Thought Scotland did much better tonight (though thatā€™s not saying a lot) but honestly theyā€™ve looked well below the general standard. I canā€™t see them winning their final game, their defence is atrocious

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Not so fast. Still got the traditional heartbreak of the third game to come yet :down:
I'm so relieved that we're not out already. It's important for it to still be Mathematically Possible to get to the knockout stage going into the third group game. That's what gives me a warm nostalgic connection to the international tournaments of my now-distant youth.

Now all we need to do is capitulate to Hungary and the script will be followed perfectly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here