Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Loving the constant replays of Czech's goal against Scotland :LOL:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Portugal cheating before the kick off even happens, their winger was half way through the Czech half when the whistle went

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Ronaldo 39. Pepe 41.

*goes off to look for boots*

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Peter Drury doing the commentary on the coverage here. I wouldn't be surprised to find a photo of the Portugal squad in his hotel room with some suspicious stains on it.

• Wow
Reactions: A1X

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Something I always hate about when Portugal play in tournaments is the commentators doing this excited and expectant tone whenever Ronaldo touches the ball. He can be back to goal 60 yards away, and it’s “Ronaldo…”.

This commentator on BBC has done it twice in 30 seconds, it’s so irritating.

It’s even worse if he scores.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Watch out the “Ronaldo…” thing. I swear, every single game, it does my nut in. Once you notice it you can’t stop, and it really grates.

I really hope he doesn’t score.

“The legend, showing the world he still has it!” Etc etc. sickening

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Something I always hate about when Portugal play in tournaments is the commentators doing this excited and expectant tone whenever Ronaldo touches the ball. He can be back to goal 60 yards away, and it’s “Ronaldo…”.

This commentator on BBC has done it twice in 30 seconds, it’s so irritating.

It’s even worse if he scores.
Yep, plus the way whenever he and Messi do basic things (e.g. beat a man or win a header) suddenly it’s as though it’s something incredible rather than just standard professional football skills

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yep, plus the way whenever he and Messi do basic things (e.g. beat a man or win a header) suddenly it’s as though it’s something incredible rather than just standard professional football skills
100% this. I understand they can both do something out of nothing - they are two of the best footballers in the history of the sport - but the hyping up makes me nauseous. It’s just so frustrating to listen to given the looooooong history of top players (including Ronaldo) simply not turning up at major competitions.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The Czechs seem very nervous on the rare occasions they go forward. Afraid to shoot…

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody spot that girl in the crowd just now after Soucek got up. Camera panned in on her, she clearly mouthed something like 'shit' and turned away to hide her face. Throwing a sickie from work by any chance? :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here