Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euros 2024 - Matchday 4

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
This referee has been appalling - I'm not sure who the woman is that is opining on the refereeing but she talks utter tosh, especially regarding the decision you mention.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
From what I've seen, France and England are quite similar to each other. If we were to play them again in this tournament, it would certainly be a great watch!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Interesting the French have a giant cock on the outside of their shirt, I understand that Portugal have a giant cock inside theirs

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Yeah I also have the ratty-faced whinger left, along with Cancelo. Had Stanciu as a differential though, so an ok day all things considered.

Currently 52 points with those two left to play, after accounting for uncaptaining Lukaku (-2) and subbing out him (-2) and Kane (-2) for those two tonight. No Frenchies to play tonight. You?

Separate note: Are there enough of us on here to merit a separate Fantasy Euro thread so we don't clog up @jcdenton08 's lovely matchday (@Wozza : "not matchday actually") threads?

Due to lack of people mentioning fantasy euro so far I'm guessing not :lolol: but happy to start one if enough interested...
There is a Euros fantasy thread already, actually, but no one is using it for discussion!

I’m on 52 with Lukaku captained — still have Fernandes (c) and Dalot to sub in, for Frimpong and one of Lukaku, Kane, and Jorginho. Shame I didn’t give the armband to Wirtz or Eriksen, or even Pickford.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
France created a host of chances, England created one and luckily scored. They would muller England.

So Kane's header that was well saved onto the bar wasn't even a chance?

Midget

Amexgemeinschaftsstadionhallebierschluckerinchen
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Boring post alert!

Austria have looked good. I expect they'll get points in the other two games and go through. Am I right in thinking we could get them in the next round? Not sure I'd be overly confident if that happened.
Okay, as I understand it... *deep breath*

If Austria finish 1st or 2nd in Group D, we won't face them in R16 regardless of where we finish in our group.

If they finish 3rd of group D and we finish top of group C, we will play Austria in R16 if:
  • they are one of the four highest 3rd placed teams, and
  • those four 3rd place teams going through are from groups ABCD, ACDE, ACDF, BCDE, or BCDF.
If we finish 2nd in group C we will not play Austria in R16. We will face the winner of Group A (probably Germany).

If we finish 3rd and go through as one of the "highest scoring 3rd place" teams, we will not play Austria in R16. We will face the winner of either Group E (probably Belgium although today might have have screwed that) or F (probably Portugal) - which one will depend on which other 3rd placed teams go through.

Sorry @The Colonel as you probably wanted just a yes or no! The short answer is: possibly, if we top the group :lolol: The round of 16 rules aren't straightforward!

Apologies too for a bit of Mondat drinking, for all those who don't give a sh*t.

[Side note: some on here (@Harry Wilson's tackle , @Zeberdi , others?) may appreciate the concept of a "special interest" - and will also probably correct me I've worked it all out wrong... if they can be arsed ;) ]

Other nerdilicious Euro data is available on request... please say if anyone wants (seriously) a full version of all the possible perms and combs for England posted somewhere... if so I will do it on a separate thread. Just be prepared to be either confused or bored stupid... and probably to wait until the next time I have a drink and feel like posting some boring data nerdy bollocks again...

(NB Also happy to do it for Scotland, although it will probably be shorter...)

Midget

Amexgemeinschaftsstadionhallebierschluckerinchen
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
There is a Euros fantasy thread already, actually, but no one is using it for discussion!

I’m on 52 with Lukaku captained — still have Fernandes (c) and Dalot to sub in, for Frimpong and one of Lukaku, Kane, and Jorginho. Shame I didn’t give the armband to Wirtz or Eriksen, or even Pickford.
Oops never spotted that... will try and find it now. Then I can bore the pants off everyone on there too :smile:

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
Boring post alert!

Okay, as I understand it... *deep breath*

If Austria finish 1st or 2nd in Group D, we won't face them in R16 regardless of where we finish in our group.

If they finish 3rd of group D and we finish top of group C, we will play Austria in R16 if:
  • they are one of the four highest 3rd placed teams, and
  • those four 3rd place teams going through are from groups ABCD, ACDE, ACDF, BCDE, or BCDF.
If we finish 2nd in group C we will not play Austria in R16. We will face the winner of Group A (probably Germany).

If we finish 3rd and go through as one of the "highest scoring 3rd place" teams, we will not play Austria in R16. We will face the winner of either Group E (probably Belgium although today might have have screwed that) or F (probably Portugal) - which one will depend on which other 3rd placed teams go through.

Sorry @The Colonel as you probably wanted just a yes or no! The short answer is: possibly, if we top the group :lolol: The round of 16 rules aren't straightforward!

Apologies too for a bit of Mondat drinking, for all those who don't give a sh*t.

[Side note: some on here (@Harry Wilson's tackle , @Zeberdi , others?) may appreciate the concept of a "special interest" - and will also probably correct me I've worked it all out wrong... if they can be arsed ;) ]

Other nerdilicious Euro data is available on request... please say if anyone wants (seriously) a full version of all the possible perms and combs for England posted somewhere... if so I will do it on a separate thread. Just be prepared to be either confused or bored stupid... and probably to wait until the next time I have a drink and feel like posting some boring data nerdy bollocks again...

(NB Also happy to do it for Scotland, although it will probably be shorter...)

Thanks. I must be a seriously boring person as I found that interesting! I thought I'd heard Austria were likely opponents but clearly they're not, they're just one of many.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
About the only thing refs got right is booking Mbappe for going back onto the pitch with instruction from the ref.
It was deliberately done under instruction from Deschamps because Fofana & Giroud were waiting to come on, at the same time as Prass came on for Austria. The ref allowed one and then restarted the game. The French bench were going ballistic, so Mbappé went on the pitch, then sat down which forced the game to stop.
Maybe this wasn’t as clear in the UK but I’m in France now, so was watching with a very partisan crowd (and commentators).

The word, this morning, is that Mbappé isn’t doing too well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here