Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Europa leagu devalued...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The reason it's devalued is because the Champions League takes the talent. The Europa is made up of middle ranked teams. The Europa League is simply not the cream of the continent. Bolton should be nowhere near European competition.

I would revert to league winners entering the Champions League and the next three the Europa League. This would also add value to winning the Champions League. Whilst winning it is obviously a tremendous achievement part of me cannot help but think that given the big clubs enter it year on year they'll eventually get lucky.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
European football aside, celtic, rangers should be lucky, wanting to be part of the english premier league would mean they would never even get a chance at european football. It just proves how shit scottish football is when you look at the teams that this season in europe who have beaten both of scotlands top 2.

If celtic and rangers did drop down into english football, i could only see them as possibly at best finishing in the bottom 5 or 6.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Be honest, the Europa League now only really matters to the teams who are in it. In fairness it's like the League Cup, sadly I can see the FA Cup going the same way. It's where the money is that matters. Premier League Teams will now whore themselves out to the highest bidder, Man Utd have already shown that by opting out of the FA Cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here