Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Europa Conference League Final - 8PM

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Decent start to the final though, Fiorentina starting to assert some pressure, but enjoyable so far.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Annoyingly the commentary is about two seconds behind the action on the pitch. 😂
I had that when watching the FA Cup Final on Saturday (well, the commentary was about one second ahead of the action).

Not as bad as last year though - when the Diamondbacks made the postseason I didn't have the TV channel that showed the English-language broadcasts of their games; I had to make do with listening on the radio while watching the Spanish-language broadcast (with the sound turned off). Unfortunately, the radio was about 45 seconds ahead of the TV. At least the D'backs won most of those games so I could look forward to them getting big hits as they stepped up to the plate, or big outs, as the case may be!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
They've sorted it out and it's in sync now.
Thank you. What about the over enthusiastic commentator?😉

Just switched back on and the first thing I hear is “Bellotti” so took an instant and irrational dislike to Fiorentina!! Can you believe DB left this world 9 years ago?

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Got very scrappy in the last ten minutes of the half, Fiorentina have manged to shackle Podence and it's nullified the attack really.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This is such a tight call, I think he’s Onside from the replay

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This is such a tight call, I think he’s Onside from the replay
Watching ti, I fail to see why there isn't a margin applied to these things. VAR cannot draw the exact moment the ball leaves the boot. I don't get it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The first team to win in their own country since 2002. Incredible.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wonder how many tickets Olympiakos got? Presumably not many, even though it's in their own city, as the ground only holds about 30,000 and we know how UEFA like to dish them out to their corporate chums. At least they'll be in the right place for a party afterwards I guess.

Shame it's the club of that crook Marinakis, but also funny that it wasn't Villa.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wonder if the Fiorentina fans will be let out of the stadium, or if they'll have to sit around for ages waiting and breathing in the Athens air?

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
Congrats to Olympiacos.

Very happy for Jose Luis Mendilibar.

Already did well during his era at Eibar, establish them for years as a solid La Liga team despite having one of the lowest budgets. Has not won any trophy in his career but after turning 60 he now has back to back European titles.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh look. Marinakis is getting himself right at the front of the trophy presentation. Imagine my shock.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Congrats to Olympiacos.

Very happy for Jose Luis Mendilibar.

Already did well during his era at Eibar, establish them for years as a solid La Liga team despite having one of the lowest budgets. Has not won any trophy in his career but after turning 60 he now has back to back European titles.
Could do a job, it's a yes from me :ascarf:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here