Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Euro elections - I just couldn't do it.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
I still haven't decided. if someone could convince me I could still vote in any direction execpt BNP.

One thing that is interesting is that the BNP are trying to rebadge themselves as non-racist. I read an article about a Jewish candidate (I kid you not) who instantly dismissed that the BNP had any pro Nazi bias. Talk about Turkey's voting for Christmas but a tactic that will fool some no doubt.

Nobby Nomates

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
UKIP for me too. Can't bring myself to vote for any of the 'big three':
Labour - Hypocritical self-serving scumbags with no integrity
Tories - Want to get their noses back in the trough just a little too much.....
Lib Dems - Local income tax? Just another one of their totally impractical pie-in-the sky ideas

BNP - No way for obvious reasons
UKIP - closest thing to a 'kick up the arse', proper protest vote.

A sad day for democracy......:(

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lord B = NSC as far as I'm concerned.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
In the end I voted:

Euro: Green
Local (I get three votes): Lib Dem, Tory, Tory

I think that was a fair mix. For the Euro Election I wanted to kick the government and vote for a non Big Three party that wasn't in favour of the current EU. That meant the Greens or the UKIP, and Joan Collins endorsement made my mind up.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
just done mine too.

lib-dems & chucked in the bnp in the euros just for a laugh.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
How can UKIP be rascist with that orange person leading them?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I am worried that UKIP and the BNP will get the gains I suspect they will. Will be a sad day for British politics to see the widespread return of the far right in the political mainstream.

My cross went next to Labour as always.

I Greened it in the Euros. Useful pressure group, a voice in the background encouraging a long term look at the effects of political short term gain measures.

LD in local, they currently are the largest single party in Soton, and despite the best efforts of Labour & Tories, seem to have done an ok job since taking over last year.

Richie Morris said:
I am worried that UKIP and the BNP will get the gains I suspect they will. Will be a sad day for British politics to see the widespread return of the far right in the political mainstream.

The widespread return of the far right will only be as a result of the main parties ignoring the "hot potato" issues and sweeping them under the carpet as usual.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I didn't vote for the first time since I turned 18 (I'm 47 next week). I would normally have voted Labour but with all the faffing over Falmer and the Iraq war, I couldn't vote for them and I don't really think much of the rest of them.

Message to Prescott - Give us a ground and I might just vote for Labour next time!

Dandyman

In London village.
Mr C said:
The widespread return of the far right will only be as a result of the main parties ignoring the "hot potato" issues and sweeping them under the carpet as usual.

Depends what you mean.

IMO both Labour and the Tories have "legitimised" the rhetoric of the Nazi fringe by their talk of "bogus asylum seekers" and doing nothing to counter the idea that our muslim neighbours are just waiting to suicide bomb Sainsburys. Labour's ever increasing distance from it's traditional working class base also makes an element of that support vulnerable to the BNP's propaganda.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Richie Morris said:

So you don't actually take account of the policies and ideas of the day then .... you just vote Labour .... always ? Hardly the best way to ensure democratic process.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I got outrageously accused of voting for a rascist party by someone who " voted Labour as always " mmmmmm.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Did mine, and wrote 'None of the Above' across the ballot paper. FIrst spoiled vote, had a choice of 8.

Tory - Not said naything yet apart from 'Oh aren't Labour bad'

Labour - As above and LIED about Iraq (never forgive a government that lies as with the Torys and CJD) and are unwilling to see facts, they just keep quoting figure that they have come up with as fact, even though we know be personal experiences they are lies (again)

Lib Dem - David Bellotti, Norman Baker need I say more ... and determined never to see anything bad in europe.

BNP - Thugs

UKIP - Bush type evangelical group, determined not to see any good in Europe

Senior Citizens - Not that old, and if I was I wouldn't want a bunch of urine smelling senile semi-facists with any power.

Galloways Bunch - in my mind as bad as the BNP for extreme views.

A local Christian Party - Happy clappy bigotry. I have no problem with religion outside of politics.... When they mix you end up with decisions being made on the most spurious of reasons

So as I said before 'NONE OF THE ABOVE' Please , please , please somebody get to grips with what this country needs and stop being self serving, self-opionated, self hyping moralistic idjuts!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here