Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Euro elections - I just couldn't do it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I strode into the polling booth with a purpose. The slip was handed to me with 4 choices of which I could vote for 2.

Conservative
Labour
Liberal Democrat
Conservative

I was close to voting Conservative, Labour were a non starter, they might as well have not been on the slip. The pencil hovered above the tory box, I started to feel faint, sweat started to form on my forehead, my heart started to pump.

No I just couldn;'t do it, not this time anyway.

Liberal Dems for me !.

Well done, Gareth.

I assume this was an Adur District Council election.

I've only ever voted Liberal once and that was in a Macclesfield Borough Council election when I was a student and found myself visiting my parents on polling day to discover that my mother had put me down on the electoral roll.

I managed to reconcile myself to this terrible act on the grounds that:-

1. There were only two candidates (Tory and Liberal);

2. Earlier in the day, I had voted Labour in Hove.

What about Europe, though? You had a much bigger choice than just four parties.

Last edited:

the full harris said:
OAPs for me.

:jester:
What the hell is the "Senior" Citizens' Party all about?

One thing I am absolutely certain about is that the future of Europe, Britain, England, Adur District, the local darts team and EVERYTHING should be decided by junior citizens - not a bunch of people who seem to think of themselves as the nation's school prefects.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Euro elections I must tell you I voted UKIP.

This is a protest vote for me. BNP was a non starter because of their rascist undertones but I think the 3 main parties need a kick up the arse to awaken them from their slumber.

I honestly believe UKIP will be the 3rd biggest political force by 10.00 pm tonight. People including me in this country are sick and tired of being told what to do by Brussels.

I have no regrets or problems voting UKIP as the 3 main parties have let this country down for 100 years between them. They need a huge kick up the arse and they will get it today.

Gareth Glover said:
BNP was a non starter because of their rascist undertones

I'll assume that this was a deliberate understatement!

But, if not...well, obviously the BNP has racist OVERtones - the racist undertones are UKIP's (have you read their immigration policy - even Kilroy-Silk has been forced to publicly state his opposition to his own party's policy)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its a protest vote. I am not sure I would vote constantly for them but this country is going to the dogs with the immegration policies, pc rulings and legislation and stupid rules from Brussels.

We have had Labour and Tory in power for 100 years and we are a 3rd world country compared to places like Holland, Norway, Switzerland with much more wealth available to us. It is down to sheer bloody incompetance and handing out money and tax breaks to those who least deserve them, fleecing the standing target of the hard working man or woman in the street.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I don't regard UKIP as rascist.

Thats whats gone mad with this country, UKIP regarded as rascist.

I suppose I',m a rascist because I have a St Georges Flag in my window at home.

Gareth Glover said:
The Euro elections I must tell you I voted UKIP.

This is a protest vote for me. BNP was a non starter because of their rascist undertones but I think the 3 main parties need a kick up the arse to awaken them from their slumber.

I honestly believe UKIP will be the 3rd biggest political force by 10.00 pm tonight. People including me in this country are sick and tired of being told what to do by Brussels.

I have no regrets or problems voting UKIP as the 3 main parties have let this country down for 100 years between them. They need a huge kick up the arse and they will get it today.

Shame on you for voting Lib Dem. Shall I accompany you to the polling booth next time? Make sure do it at the General Election or you shall not get any sweets.

We'll not know the results of the European elections until Sunday evening unfortunately.

fatbadger said:
Fair enough - it's a protest vote. What I don't get, however, is why you won't vote BNP as a protest because of their racism, but you will vote for another racist party.
Just because they have policies which will take the UK out of the corrupt lumbering pile of shite that is the EU, does not make them racist.

Yes I know people will quote all these "facts" about how the UKIP manifesto was co-authored by ex-extreme-right peeps, but so what? It's the current policies and what they stand for now that count.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Mr C said:
Just because they have policies which will take the UK out of the corrupt lumbering pile of shite that is the EU, does not make them racist.

Yes I know people will quote all these "facts" about how the UKIP manifesto was co-authored by ex-extreme-right peeps, but so what? It's the current policies and what they stand for now that count.

Yes, and their current immigration policies are indistinguishable from the BNP's.

That's what makes them racist. Fat Badger asked a valid question.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Because they want to protect Britain and Britains citizens interests does not make them rascist. And and whilst I'm on about it, rascism is a 2 way street. There are just as many Blacks and Muslims living in this country that are rascist towards White Britains as the otherway around.

The pc brigage assume rascism is UK whites against Blacks , Muslims etc. It is not.

Gareth has a somewhat ideosyncratic definition of "racism" - see his numerous posts accusing everyone on NSC of being "racist", for no other reason than we agree with Lib Dem policy on the Iraq war.

And then he goes and votes for the Lib Dems.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lord Bracknell said:
Gareth has a somewhat ideosyncratic definition of "racism" - see his numerous posts accusing everyone on NSC of being "racist", for no other reason than we agree with Lib Dem policy on the Iraq war.

And then he goes and votes for the Lib Dems.
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Beautifully put.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lord

Harsh words my friend.

The only thing that put me off the LD's was there stance on Iraq but I have more in commom with their policies than the Tories or Labour therefore I voted for the overall least crap party.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm glad I have finally done something after all these years which meets with NSC's approval !. :clap2:

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Former member of the Liberal party.
Disillusioned with local politics for sometime I normally don't bother too vote but spoil the ballot paper. Better at getting a point across than wasting a vote, voting against the racist Tories that always romp home in my Birmingham ward.

Not voted yet (will come on to that) but I may be tempted too vote LD just too wipe the smug look off the Tories and Labour in Birmingham if on this occasion Birmingham swings Lib Dem!

Now why not voted yet? I used to be able too saunter over the portaloo they parked on the carpark of the local council office as a polling station in me slippers. This method of porta cabins meant no-one had too walk more than 5 minutes too reach their polling station.

they have now decided too concentrate all the polling stations in one school a mile and a half away.

Great way too counter voter apathy make it harder and more inconvenient too cast the vote.

They are lucky I have too go to the Dr's which is only 1/2 mile away from the school or I would probably not bother at all as a protest at such a stupid move by muppets.

Last edited:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Gareth Glover said:
I'm glad I have finally done something after all these years which meets with NSC's approval !. :clap2:

Dunno, Gareth. The idea that such an animal as "NSC approval" exists is almost more worrying than you voting UKIP!
:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here