Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euro 2024 Round of 16 (France v Belgium, Portugal v Slovenia)

sir_gullahad

Dec 20, 2013
Cheltenhamshire
Top facting from the Beeb:

22:37​

Slovenia have not been involved in a penalty shootout in a competitive match.

They won a shootout in the friendly Lunar New Year Cup in Hong Kong in 2002.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
Top facting from the Beeb:

22:37​

Slovenia have not been involved in a penalty shootout in a competitive match.

They won a shootout in the friendly Lunar New Year Cup in Hong Kong in 2002.

Another fun fact. Slovenia have played 7 matches at Euros and only lost one after 90 minutes (2-1 vs Spain in 2000).

also

a.jpg

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
All the Portgual fans in my neighbourhood are driving around honking their horns. They scraped past Slovenia on penalties in the last 16; maybe just have a beer; you haven't won the Euros.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
All the Portgual fans in my neighbourhood are driving around honking their horns. They scraped past Slovenia on penalties in the last 16; maybe just have a beer; you haven't won the Euros.
Same can be said about the England fans yesterday.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
I would think that Diogo Costa will be of interest to a fair few PL/Bundesliga/La Liga clubs after that performance (not that Porto aren’t a big club.)

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
He takes himself too seriously. He thinks its all on him. If I were a Portuguese player I'd be angry. He thinks the rest of the team can't do it.
Agree, those tears were because he didn't score the winner and be the hero, not because the team wasn't going to win, pathetic at that stage of the game.
Imagine kids copying him and crying if they missed a penalty.
You'd never show your face again in the park

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Unpopular opinion on here, but I have grown to love Ronaldo over the years. There is something admirable, and admittedly very un-British, about wanting to be the very best at something. That is Ronaldo. 39 years old, relentlessly driving to keep himself in pique physical condition so he can break all kinds of records. There's a difference between arrogance (thinking you're better than you are, and therefore not putting in the time and effort) and knowing you're one of, if not the best to have played the game.

Wouldn't you be crushed if you thought you'd missed your chance to put your team through and to set another record, when it could be your last? That's how much he cares, on a personal and collective level. Yet, he steps up and bangs in the penalty in the shoot out, which was admittedly a perfect penalty.

Love Ronnie, hope he scores in the quarters and knocks the French out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here