Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] EURO 2024 - Official Thread

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
He's not going to announce the squad till Saturday, after the Iceland game. It'll be guesswork till then.

Not surprised Maddison has sloped off already though, he prefers doing his own thing when he knows he's not going to be involved.
Deadline is tomorrow:

Hence why I think we will know as these things always get leaked.

Can't blame Maddison either. Footballers don't get much holiday, especially with the amount of games they have to play in. I think a lot of us would be in the same boat as him if it happened to us at work.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I've thought Dunk will not go for ages now anyway. Not because he's not good enough but because that Palace **** was never going to do it, WTF has Guehi done this season? Never played in Europe, never been to the later stages of any competition = totally untried when the pressure is really on.

I'd feel for Dunk but at the same time it would be good news for BHA, he needs a rest.
Dunk on the other hand isn't untried when the pressure is really on; we saw him against Roma.

And I'm not sure thats going to help him.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
The way I see it.

Good up front, but dodgy at the back = Germany, England, Belgium, Spain

Dodgy up front but good at the back = Italy, Netherlands

Pretty good everywhere = Portugal

Very good everywhere = France

I disagree, England don't ship goals. I just think we have a VERY average No1 keeper and a VERY limited head coach. QF or SF then out to the first top level coach waistcoat comes up against, he will get done tactically in game AGAIN.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Dunk on the other hand isn't untried when the pressure is really on; we saw him against Roma.

And I'm not sure thats going to help him.
That's pretty harsh, you do know they were TOLD never to row Z it right? RDZ set us up stupidly open that night. Weirdly tactics that Southgate wouldn't adopt.

I don't remember him putting a foot wrong in the SF v Utd as another example. How's Guehi done in his latest FAC SF?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Deadline is tomorrow:

Hence why I think we will know as these things always get leaked.

Can't blame Maddison either. Footballers don't get much holiday, especially with the amount of games they have to play in. I think a lot of us would be in the same boat as him if it happened to us at work.
Not much point officially announcing it till after the Iceland game though, always the possibility of someone getting crocked.

I wouldn't be surprised if a fringer like Maddison straight-up asked "look gaffer, am I going to be involved on Friday or not ? Only I've got a private jet lined up on standby for Magaluf". He already knows he's not flavour of the month with GS anyway, so would probably just prefer to get the flip-flops on asap and head off for some Blackjack.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
That's pretty harsh, you do know they were TOLD never to row Z it right? RDZ set us up stupidly open that night. Weirdly tactics that Southgate wouldn't adopt.

I don't remember him putting a foot wrong in the SF v Utd as another example. How's Guehi done in his latest FAC SF?
I think that was the problem there yes. Dunky is the sort of captain to very much the manager's man on the pitch. He knows he needs to set the example. He took some incredible risks to retain possession last season. Most of them came off. A few didn't. I guess that's the nature of taking risks

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Not much point officially announcing it till after the Iceland game though, always the possibility of someone getting crocked.

I wouldn't be surprised if a fringer like Maddison straight-up asked "look gaffer, am I going to be involved on Friday or not ? Only I've got a private jet lined up on standby for Magaluf". He already knows he's not flavour of the month with GS anyway, so would probably just prefer to get the flip-flops on asap and head off for some Blackjack.
Yep that is what I think happened too. He has 'done a White' and flounced out, probably on his way to Vegas right now. The fact this is likely Southgate's last tournament could have a bearing on players just saying 'f*** it then'.
It's no great loss IMO, I posted a while ago that I think he is the most over-rated midfielder in the squad anyway. He's also got a rep for not exactly being a mensa candidate.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's getting exciting now isn't it?

I've got France (inevitably)as favourites.

After that I really like the look of Portugal. They've got some excellent players.

After them comes a group of Germany, Spain, England(maybe in that order).

After that maybe Italy(just because like Germany they just seem to know how to win even when they're bang average), Croatia(because they're always there or there abouts) and Holland.

Then it's dark horses who I have no idea about.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Dunk training on his own today. Although so is Maguire.

I don't think dunk is going unless either Shaw or Maguire are out.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Seeing reports that Liverpool CB Quansah is being omitted from the the final squad too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think Dunk training on his own is precautionary to see if he is fit enough to be included. We should know the squad in time for the Iceland game as only 26 can be named for that fixture
It has to be that. If he was too badly injured or definitely not going he'd be on his way to the beach now.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Looks like Dunk is in the squad. This is EVIDENCE enough that WAISTCOAT is taking over at the Albion.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Seeing reports in the last hour that Maguire is now a major doubt. Didn’t realize he hasn’t played since April.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here