Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] EURO 2024 - Official Thread

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Working in Berlin at the moment and it’s finally got triggered a level of tournament excitement. Had a lovely chat about Pascal with my v knowledgeable taxi driver last night.
How are the Germans feeling about their chances on home soil? Also, any chance Pascal will start next Friday?

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
But...man for man, France are still better than us, aren't they?

If France didn't exist I would possibly agree - there is no other side I don't think we can/should beat when at our best. But they're just so strong.
If France by some oddity get knocked out early then I would say we have a great chance to reach the final. That's if we find the right chemistry within the team. We've enough experience within the squad now, plus young players pushing the regulars to stay sharp, that I can see us lifting the trophy. But, I think it still depends on us having a favourable run.

Win Group C and we have a favourable round of 16 fixture against a 3rd place team. Quarter Final would likely be be Hungary/Scotland/Switzerland or Spain/Croatia/Italy (all beatable). Semi Final would be France and as far as we go if they're still in the tournament, unless we win on pens.

Runners up in Group C and we face Germany which we will want to avoid until the final if possible.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A very logical response so far, feel semi finals will be above expectations. Pascal to come off the bench
Germany turn up at every tournament claiming they can't win it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Unoriginal but Germany or France to win. England will hopefully get to the semi finals and, depending on the draw, possibly the final.

Denmark, dark horses. Albania and Scotland there to make up the numbers.
They said that about Greece in 2014. And when Wales made the semis

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Alex Crook seems convinced Dunk wont be going at all and will be left at home.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Will be heading to Gelsenkirchen for the Serbia match, although don't have a ticket. In any case, it's 1 hour 40 from me so really a no brainer.

Seems that Jones and Quansah have joined Maddison on the not going list. 4 more to drop and I suspect we'll know the rest by tonight even if the squad gets announced tomorrow.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I've thought Dunk will not go for ages now anyway. Not because he's not good enough but because that Palace **** was never going to do it, WTF has Guehi done this season? Never played in Europe, never been to the later stages of any competition = totally untried when the pressure is really on.

I'd feel for Dunk but at the same time it would be good news for BHA, he needs a rest.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Will be heading to Gelsenkirchen for the Serbia match, although don't have a ticket. In any case, it's 1 hour 40 from me so really a no brainer.

Seems that Jones and Quansah have joined Maddison on the not going list. 4 more to drop and I suspect we'll know the rest by tonight even if the squad gets announced tomorrow.
He's not going to announce the squad till Saturday, after the Iceland game. It'll be guesswork till then.

Not surprised Maddison has sloped off already though, he prefers doing his own thing when he knows he's not going to be involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here