Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] EURO 2024 - Official Thread

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
That sequence of games has slightly nervy 1-0 win against Serbia followed by drab 0-0 draw vs Denmark in the rain (a la USA and Scotland games in recent tourneys) that mildly panics England fans before order restored in a 2-0 vs Slovenia written all over it.
For the old England. Not this one.

This one reads smash everyone in the group and steamroll our way to the latter stages of the tournament, before eventually going out to the first top-class team we play.

So same outcome as usual, but a different route.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Who do fancy (i will personally ignore the English sports hype) going for an out shot of Netherlands around 16/1 nothing to lose but everything to win.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Germany may surprise everyone and come good again. They can’t be terrible forever, don’t put it past them to string things together with a home tournament.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Germany may surprise everyone and come good again. They can’t be terrible forever, don’t put it past them to string things together with a home tournament.

And just imagine we end up playing Germany at some point and we are undone by Undav scoring a winning goal! :(

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Who do fancy (i will personally ignore the English sports hype) going for an out shot of Netherlands around 16/1 nothing to lose but everything to win.
"Bah! Engerland never wins! I'm going for a famous serial winner this time... hmm.. THE NETHERLANDS!"

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Anything less than a win at this tournament is a failure. Best chance we’ve ever had.
Can't agree with that. Excepting that an England win wouldn't be a shock. The Euros is always an open tournament. I think about 13/14 teams have reached the final over the years. 8 or 9 winners. This year is no different. That's why I prefer it to the World Cup.

Greece, anyone ? (That year was nuts)

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Working in Berlin at the moment and it’s finally got triggered a level of tournament excitement. Had a lovely chat about Pascal with my v knowledgeable taxi driver last night.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Unoriginal but Germany or France to win. England will hopefully get to the semi finals and, depending on the draw, possibly the final.

Denmark, dark horses. Albania and Scotland there to make up the numbers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here