Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euro 2020: England charged by Uefa after 'laser' penalty incident

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Oh yeah they hate you, thats why you played 6 out of 7 games at home in a tournament shared by 11 countries...

Look, if your security is poor enough that people can point green laser at players, then you are getting fined. There's no reason to moan about it. It is not a big injustice that UEFA fines you.

We were certainly lucky getting the second round game against Germany at Wembley, it was supposed to be in Dublin before it was moved due to the pandemic, and we were the only team to play at home in the second round.

We should definitely be fined over the laser pointer, ridiculous that someone should do that.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
We were certainly lucky getting the second round game against Germany at Wembley, it was supposed to be in Dublin before it was moved due to the pandemic, and we were the only team to play at home in the second round.

We should definitely be fined over the laser pointer, ridiculous that someone should do that.
Such a stupid thing to do, I suspect someone was aware of them doing it but didn't speak up. We absolutely should be fined it's unacceptable.

Sent from my EVR-N29 using Tapatalk

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
To be fair would it really feel like an International Tournament without England getting charged by the governing body for something? I'm surprised it has taken us til the semis. Last Euros we were in shit before we had even kicked a ball haha

May 5, 2020
Sussex
It was mentioned on the match thread by a few and I thought they meant it was after the match while the pundits where chatting.
I didn't notice it during the penalty and when I saw it today in the news it's very bad.
I don't mind a rowdy crowd but shining a laser in a players eyes is bang out of order.
It was an unusually poor pen from Kane and I wondered if the laser actually distracted him too.
He must have seen it on schmeicals face.
Dangerous and idiotic thing to do.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ignore me

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
When I saw this my first thought was how would somebody in the crowd do it so accurately. The must have been in the stand at the other end of the pitch which is a long way to be that accurate.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Clearly the person who did this is a cock womble of the highest order, and they should be banned from attending matches.

I don't think anything else needs saying does it?

Agreed.

IMG_1089.JPG

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Quite possible. But in anarchy, someone would probably deal with the issue in a different way...

No, in a world of anarchy, EVERYONE can have a laser pointer and point it in the eyes of whoever they want and NO ONE will do a thing about it [coz there is no law against it]
Good example of how your lawless society falls down.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Nah, he's in the clear. If it had been him trying to do it, he would have probably got it in Kane's eyes :facepalm:

Quite clearly he'd have awarded a multi million pound contract to one of his mates to do it, who in turn would have screwed it up because they have never installed a battery into a handheld device before, and anyway we didn't need world beating distraction-laser technology. Before long it'll be rebranded the NHS distraction laser and be underfunded for the rest of its useful life.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No, in a world of anarchy, EVERYONE can have a laser pointer and point it in the eyes of whoever they want and NO ONE will do a thing about it [coz there is no law against it]
Good example of how your lawless society falls down.

Anyone could do a thing about it (because there is no law against taking care of it, and someone would because we would not grow up mentally handicapped by the idea that mommy state or daddy police take all the initiatives and bring all the solutions).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here