Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Euro 2016 Qualifying groups

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Thanks for correcting this. So, we might see England, Scotland & Wales in the finals, plus Israel (with Hemed and Kayal).

Northern Ireland also have a very good chance of qualification. 2nd in their group with games against Faroe Islands (a), Hungary (h), Greece (h), Finland (a).

It looks like a straight race between Scotland and Rep of Ireland for 3rd in Group D. Scotland have to face Georgia (a), Germany (h), Poland (h), Gibraltar (a). Rep of Ireland will play Gibraltar (a), Georgia (h), Germany (h), Poland (a). With a 2point advantage to Scotland at the moment and them facing exactly the same sides it could come down to either side picking up a surprise result against Germany or Poland.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Northern Ireland also have a very good chance of qualification. 2nd in their group with games against Faroe Islands (a), Hungary (h), Greece (h), Finland (a).

It looks like a straight race between Scotland and Rep of Ireland for 3rd in Group D. Scotland have to face Georgia (a), Germany (h), Poland (h), Gibraltar (a). Rep of Ireland will play Gibraltar (a), Georgia (h), Germany (h), Poland (a). With a 2point advantage to Scotland at the moment and them facing exactly the same sides it could come down to either side picking up a surprise result against Germany or Poland.

Can't beleive I missed Nordern Ireland.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What I was getting at is the initials usually help identify the team, its not always the first 3 letters of the country

It is in this case, as it's in Dutch. :)

Just seen Hemed scoring a pen for israel on TV. Would like to think he waited for keeper to move as it was slotted pretty straight.

It worries me that he does that. All the pens he has taken have been like that.

I don't go along with this idea that you can wait for the keeper to commit hinself. First I don't think that's possible and if it is any keeper that has done his homework will just wait.

A penalty should be hit with power to one side of the keeper, aiming for the stanchion, preferably at height so that if he gets his hand to it it will still probably go in. If it's hit low and he gets a hand on it the keeper can often clutch it as it hits the ground. With a penalty high like that even if the keeper know where it is going he still probably won't be able to save it.

I'll try and avoid bouncing this thread when Hemed misses his next penalty for us.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Albion captain vs Germany - tough one for me. Looking forward to watching that.

dr415414

May 6, 2015
Albion captain vs Germany - tough one for me. Looking forward to watching that.
He's on the bench and unless there's an injury won't get on.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Well on Sunday's two live games and today's earlier live game they managed to rustle up one bloody goal between them...boring as fack international football.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Cracking atmosphere at the Northern Ireland game

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Crikey is this national comedy defending day?

This will all be over by the 70th minute, 2 German subs and it'll be Scottish heartbreak all over again

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Crikey is this national comedy defending day?

This will all be over by the 70th minute, 2 German subs and it'll be Scottish heartbreak all over again

Probably not the first time in history that's been said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here