Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

euro 2008

Oct 25, 2003
one quite interesting thing is that one of france, italy and holland will be out in the first round, i certainly wouldn't bet on any of them :) the 'group of death' will throw the competition WIDE open

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
i think croatia will win it they are a hard working team with ability modric krancjar top players put your money on them and a top manager
Their attack without Eduardo is not that great though. If he'd been fit they'd have been a decent dark horse.

one quite interesting thing is that one of france, italy and holland will be out in the first round, i certainly wouldn't bet on any of them :) the 'group of death' will throw the competition WIDE open
Holland have largely been gash under Van Basten, they could easily BOTTOM of their group (Romania came above them in qualifying).

Jan 30, 2008
I think it'll be rather refreshing to watch the football without England being there. There are a number of sides who could win it, and a number of teams I'm really looking forward to seeing more of. I think Germany will be hard to beat, especially as playing in Austria is virtually at home for them.
so you're scottish:dunce:and are referring to austria as being annexed to Germany still?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Thanks to McClown, Padders, Al Bion and I now have tickets for the tournament!

YAY for Ginger losers!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Germany

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
oh, and the inevitable 'come on england' type song by some washed up celebrity, or a shit re-mix of a normal song

great example= from paris to berlin=from london to berlin

"and when we're thinking of roo, and all the things he can do"

jesus wept

You seem strangely PLEASED that we're not there when actually it's a travisty and will take the whole shine off the tournament for me - will watch it but won't be the same. Gutted

Oct 25, 2003
You seem strangely PLEASED that we're not there when actually it's a travisty and will take the whole shine off the tournament for me - will watch it but won't be the same. Gutted

nope, not pleased, never said that

just that it'll be different without the normal getting my hopes up and having them inevitably slashed

obviously having england there adds more excitement, but as a football fan, watching good football is never a bad thing:albion2:

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Backed the Czechs ante-post last summer. Still fancy them but think it's a pretty open contest that could be won by any of about 6/7 teams.
I shall mainly be watching cricket this summer...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here