Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Euro 2008 ACTUAL bets

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Very unwise Easy-you have already explained why NOT to put it on. They may have great strikers but they ALWAYS bottle it at international level. Cant understand why the current WORLD champs are at 7-1 when Euro failures Spain are at 5's.

Can't you? Have you not looked at the groups?
Spain's odds are shorter as the competition in theory should only start for them in the q-f. Italy on the other hand, could get turned over by France and Holland and not make it out of the group.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I know I know.
But I've gone and talked myself into it now. There's no going back.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I know I know.
But I've gone and talked myself into it now. There's no going back.

Problem with this rationale [and we all suffer it] is that if you don't place the bet, and it comes in you'll be gutted, but if you DO place it and it comes in, you invariably think "I bloody KNEW that was going to come in. Why did I only put £2 on it? 'Sake"

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Can't you? Have you not looked at the groups?
Spain's odds are shorter as the competition in theory should only start for them in the q-f. Italy on the other hand, could get turned over by France and Holland and not make it out of the group.

A Dutch team who have a bigger history of failure than Spain. An ageing French team. I fancy Italy will top the group and it will be a fight between Holland and France for 2nd. Romania shouldnt be discounted. A lucky win against either of those 2 and a few draws thrown in could see them sneak in.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Problem with this rationale [and we all suffer it] is that if you don't place the bet, and it comes in you'll be gutted, but if you DO place it and it comes in, you invariably think "I bloody KNEW that was going to come in. Why did I only put £2 on it? 'Sake"

You are of course quite correct. Its a lose-lose situation really.

I havn't allowed myself to ponder Germany too deeply. On the one hand, they'll probably win it which would piss me off, but not as much as if I had a bet on it, but then that bet would spoil the tournament for me because I would have to 'support' them even though I'd love to see them knocked out, but not necessarily at the expense of my bet.

Oh shit. I think I've done it again.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
You are of course quite correct. Its a lose-lose situation really.

I havn't allowed myself to ponder Germany too deeply. On the one hand, they'll probably win it which would piss me off, but not as much as if I had a bet on it, but then that bet would spoil the tournament for me because I would have to 'support' them even though I'd love to see them knocked out, but not necessarily at the expense of my bet.

Oh shit. I think I've done it again.

I have the misfortune of Turkey in a work sweepstake and a bet on Italy as I beleive they will win it. Not great country's to be "supporting" either.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its okay Easy, you are safe on that one, as I believe it is ILLEGAL to back Germany in any British bookmaker. Possibly you could back them through some obscure internet based site, in Tuvalu?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thats a relief then Hans, I was not aware of that law.

I have drawn Holland in the works sweepstake (£30 for the winner, £10 for the runner up). IF they can get out of that group, they could scramble it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have the mighty Portugal in the NSC sweepstake, with f*** ALL to the winner.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Austria are absolutely shit and have no chance whatsoever. I agree with your assessment of Switzerland however - Greece and Denmark have shown you can win tournaments simply by being organised, and the Swiss have home advantage.

I think Poland are best bet in that department at 50/1

Finished top in qualifying above Portugal and I think it's their 1st time at the finals. I sense a Greece all over again.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not, what you think is value.
Not what you MIGHT do.

Money where your mouth is - what are your PLACED Euro 2008 bets?

Details and odds. No need to put the stake, unless you want to.

Mine [BIG time :jester:]

Germany, Portugal, Italy and Spain to qualify from their groups, £5 @ 5/2

Lets see who the NSC winners and losers are.

NEVER in doubt :thumbsup:

:jester:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I had Italy at 14-1 after their opening debacles.

Knowing how they normally get better as tournies progress I am happy enough.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Had £2 on 1st/2nd: Holland/Italy after Holland beat Italy @ 5/2 :thumbsup:

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
apart from £5 on Benzema to be top scorer at 33/1; I've been having £1 or £2 bets on this and that. Started with £20 in bet365 account; up to £53 as of tonight. Thanks largely to a first scorer from Klasnic last night and a couple of quid on Croats :clap2:

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Lumped on Holland at the weekend to beat Romania tonight.

11/5 was an absolute steal imo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here