Euro 2008 ACTUAL bets

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not, what you think is value.
Not what you MIGHT do.

Money where your mouth is - what are your PLACED Euro 2008 bets?

Details and odds. No need to put the stake, unless you want to.

Mine [BIG time :jester:];

Top scorer - Karim Benzema, £1 @33/1

Spain to WIN / Torres top scorer double, £4 @ 22/1

Germany, Portugal, Italy and Spain to qualify from their groups, £5 @ 5/2

Lets see who the NSC winners and losers are.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Top scorer - Karim Benzema, £1 @33/1
or torres not sure on odds,germany will win,

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Switzerland to win 25/1 (seems ridiculously low!)
Austria to win 100/1
Czech Republic to win 16/1

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
What are the CZECHS like at the moment? They're probably the biggest team I know the smallest amount about. I know they used to be bloody good a few years back, but have the current lot got a chance of WINNING it? If so, 16/1 seems good odds.

Topped their qualifying group, ahead of the dutch, so i'd say a decent shout at 16/1. Jan Koller's a pretty useful offensive weapon.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Switzerland to win 25/1 (seems ridiculously low!)
Austria to win 100/1
Czech Republic to win 16/1
Austria are absolutely shit and have no chance whatsoever. I agree with your assessment of Switzerland however - Greece and Denmark have shown you can win tournaments simply by being organised, and the Swiss have home advantage.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Austria are absolutely shit and have no chance whatsoever. I agree with your assessment of Switzerland however - Greece and Denmark have shown you can win tournaments simply by being organised, and the Swiss have home advantage.

Thanks. Austria is just a £2 stab, due to how gutted i'd feel if it happened.
Considering the form Switzerland have shown in the last 2 years, i can't understand why they would have started/been backed to 25/1! Perhaps it is all just home advantage? Look what happened to England in 1996, after all.

Fingers crossed.

Are you going to have a cheeky punt?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Both of Wozza's bets look quite tidy. An each way punt on Croatia might be worth while if the odds aren't too stinghy.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I, like everyone else it seems, have got £5 on Karim Benzema at 33/1 for topscorer and £5 on Germany to win it outright. Might have the odd flutter during the tournament too

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I actually think that Germany are very likely to win it, but really not tempted by the 7/2 on offer.

My banker is Germany, Italy, Portugal and Spain to qualify from their groups. Its only 5/2 but should pay for all the other bets.

If I was LOADED I'd be tempted to lump THOUSANDS on this bet rather than a fiver. The only way it can realistically lose, is if Holland and France dump Italy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here