Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Plonker

Votes: 10 17.5%

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I always remember him parading his belt in the centre circle at the Goldstone after he'd beaten Benn. A very odd character, but a fantastic fighter with the heart of a lion. Top man.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Really pleased to see NSC coming down firmly in the 'Hero' camp. A definite one-off and as has been said a superb boxer. Really proud to have him as a Brightonian.

Isn't he Lord Brighton or something? It would have been worth keeping the House of Lords just to see him in it.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Herne Hill Seagull said:
Top bloke. How often do we hear people complain about an absence of 'characters' in sport nowadays? We had one then. He knew how to talk/act up a fight without the usual hysterical hype,

here here
sorely missed

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
an absolute legend and very nice bloke.

a fantastic tourist attraction too....has anyone ever spent a summer's day walking through town and NOT seen him?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Did a great job as a boxer even if he is slightly off the wall. Unfortunately I knew the guy he rans over (I was at school with him) and I rather feel that he got off lightly.

Steve in Oz

Jul 26, 2003
Chris is a total legend, he changed the way boxing is today. the way he used to enter the ring was awesome. Many pretend they are the best he is SIMPLY THE BEST:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bumped into him at Victoria waiting for a train a few months back.

He was basically getting in peoples way in the hope that they'd recognise him and start a conversation!

Top geezer. Nothing wrong with being eccentric.

Probably the best boxer to come out of Brighton since my Godfather. Actually, I think even he would admit that Eubank is better.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
his heart is in the right place, and his eccentritic is part of the charm

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Marshy said:
Ive heard his missus puts it about a bit..
They have an " Open " marraige/relationship by all accounts.

Don't know where you heard that Marshy, but you are completely wrong.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Top bloke. A great fighter, a great personality and almost a Brighton tourist attraction in his own right.

Makes people's day when they see him out in his truck.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Great boxer, and an entertaining chap. So what if he's a bit eccentric and OTT its better than being dull.

The fights with Benn were superb and the biggest thing at the time. A mate of mine supported Benn, while I liked Eubank, great days.

I still refer to the bridge over the A23 where he had the accident as "Eubank Bridge".

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Does anyone know why he changed his name from "Eubanks" ?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Hero in my book, was only really ever interested in 'Boxshing' till the likes of him Benn and Watson were on the scene, now couldn't give a monkeys about the sport.
Met him once in the Palmeira Cafe when I moved back to Hove, a nicer guy you couldnt hope to meet.

Sheep Shagg*r:drink:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
He was a quality fighter in his time however his personality would class him as a prize twat.

Stumpy Tim

Legend. I remember meeting him in the marina when i was battered. He was talking to an old biddy for ages - she had no idea who he was. great lad, and good to see him meet Watson at the end of the Marathon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here