Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eto'o claims racism

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
It has been pointed out that Eto'o claims he was called a 'monkey of shit' (eh?) - not an expression used in Britain - and that he may have simply mistranslated the insult.

The mind boggles! I mean, there's no expression in Britain that even comes close. Unless maybe the steward said 'OK mate, you've lost, get over it, no need to go ape-shit'

The whole thing sounds a bit rubbish - Chelsea bad losers in the first leg and Barca equally bad losers in the second leg. What's WRONG with these people? :glare:

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
The Spanish F.A. are a waste of time.....

They have fined four primera liga teams individually for racist taunts during a game and maximum penalty on those four occasions was £480 fine.

Plus the punishment to the national manager was disgraceful.

Obviously we dont know if its true or not but we have got to set an example if it proves to be the case

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Probably not because the Barca players would have been celebrating on the pitch.

I'm just saying that to call them hypocrites because Spanish teams have been accused (and guilty) of rascism this season does not mean they cannot say anything when there is a case of it against them.

Oh, quite right but I'm rather sceptical that's all.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Brighton Boy said:
The Spanish F.A. are a waste of time.....

They have fined four primera liga teams individually for racist taunts during a game and maximum penalty on those four occasions was £480 fine.

Plus the punishment to the national manager was disgraceful.

Obviously we dont know if its true or not but we have got to set an example if it proves to be the case

Spanish manger :shootself

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
bhaexpress said:
Oh, quite right but I'm rather sceptical that's all.

And quite rightly too by the looks of things, it does sound much like someone said ape shit and Eto'o has gone all monkey over it.

What?

E

enigma

Eto'o defended Aragones and yet claims racism here? Strange.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Voroshilov said:
As I proved to you at great length Lil Hampton
apologies vladipisstake ive been busy. you havent proved anything to me at great length. i am still english, not european, by the way.:p

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Chesney Christ said:
Completely irrelevant. Are you feeling okay bhaexpress?

I feel fine Ches but you know I'm right. The Barca team were slagging off Chelsea before the game and I think it came as a bit of a shock when they lost.

I'm no Cheski fan BTW.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
bhaexpress said:
I feel fine Ches but you know I'm right. The Barca team were slagging off Chelsea before the game and I think it came as a bit of a shock when they lost.

I'm no Cheski fan BTW.

I understand your reservations about the validity of Eto's claims, but I don't see where hypocrisy comes into it.

If Eto is lying then he's being a rather naughty boy/bad loser, but not a hypocrite. Equally, if he is telling the truth - where's the hypocrisy in that? He's not responsible for what Aragones said.

Stumpy Tim

Tom Hark said:
The mind boggles! I mean, there's no expression in Britain that even comes close. Unless maybe the steward said 'OK mate, you've lost, get over it, no need to go ape-shit'
That's actually quite a realistic assessment actually. It's the only expression that comes close

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here