Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ESPN classic

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So if they show it, does that mean they pay the clubs after all?

Has a televised match ever been this confusing in the history of the whole world??

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It does say it is on on the ESPN website, coverage starts at 7.45. I thought KO was 7.45 though?

They're not going to bother with the whole preamble thing. Savage lives next door anyway so is just going to turn up with two mins to go.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Insider confirmed to us the other day it was not on ESPN, this is a scheduling error according to him. The only channel its on is S4C, they have their own live feed here Hafan S4C

They are running a promo for it so it is 100% on S4C !!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Insider confirmed to us the other day it was not on ESPN, this is a scheduling error according to him. The only channel its on is S4C, they have their own live feed here Hafan S4C

They are running a promo for it so it is 100% on S4C !!!!

Yes, yes, we know its on S4C.

ESPN are ALSO 'running a promo for it'. that's the point.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, but their running promos on ESPN too

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I know but having worked in TV transmission suites I know that schedulers make mistakes, it would also be strange that its on terrestrial and satellite, makes no sense

I think there is a small difference between making a typo on a schedule, and actually going to the trouble of producing a bespoke trailer for the program. Its not a mistake. ESPN 100% intend to be transmitting the game. And given that the S4C coverage is in a different LANGUAGE, I don't think the dual transmission is THAT odd either.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
I think there is a small difference between making a typo on a schedule, and actually going to the trouble of producing a bespoke trailer for the program. Its not a mistake. ESPN 100% intend to be transmitting the game. And given that the S4C coverage is in a different LANGUAGE, I don't think the dual transmission is THAT odd either.

Not talking about a typo, wrong promos get put out all the time (trust me) I saw the trailer myself at the weekend but asked Paul Camillin and he said it's not on ESPN. Anyway it is also live on the S4C website feed S4C Press release, which although will be Welsh, gives everyone a chance to see it

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It's not a mystery at all. It's definitely on ESPN - I know someone who's working on the game for them. TV listings mean nothing when there are late changes... often a long way behind.

ABIMEG2

Jan 29, 2008
looked on ESPN classic as its a free channel on sky channel 429 it has us as playing 19.45 ko plus the 1983 fa cup final beforehand boxing is on before them both

John Sayers

Aug 17, 2009
Saltdean
I have just checked my Sky box and it is definitely listed on ESPN Classic. Have Sky+d it so that my son can watch it on Wednesday. Here is a screen shot from ESPN

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    257.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Just got this reply from ESPN on Twitter, hopefully that clears it all up!!

espnclassicuk ESPN Classic
@
[MENTION=3501]Seagulls[/MENTION]burwash Hi, yes we will be showing the match Live tomorrow at 7.45pm (and the '83 Cup Final before at 7.05pm) Hope you'll tune in!

Last edited:

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Its on both, S4C have rights in Wales to show Welsh teams in the Welsh language, ESPN have clearly negotiated a contract that enables them to show matches as well, though they are doing two tomorrow and The Albion are on ESPN Classic which is free on all Virgin Media platforms...including mine.

HOWEVER, I am spending the evening with five female athletes and will as usual have to
a) Listen on the radio
or
b) Look for a streaming link...which will no doubt kick off a whole new thread on here.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Its on both, S4C have rights in Wales to show Welsh teams in the Welsh language, ESPN have clearly negotiated a contract that enables them to show matches as well, though they are doing two tomorrow and The Albion are on ESPN Classic which is free on all Virgin Media platforms...including mine.

HOWEVER, I am spending the evening with five female athletes and will as usual have to
a) Listen on the radio
or
b) Look for a streaming link...which will no doubt kick off a whole new thread on here.

Its live on the S4C website feed S4C S4C Home

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here