Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Erythromycin Tablets

Hilly

Banned
Jul 24, 2007
Been prescribed these for a chest infection which has been ongoing. However I have now got terrible stomach cramps, no feeling like I am going to be sick or anything just a really tight pain in the abdomen. Anyone experienced anything similar on erythromycin?

Been prescribed these for a chest infection which has been ongoing. However I have now got terrible stomach cramps, no feeling like I am going to be sick or anything just a really tight pain in the abdomen. Anyone experienced anything similar on erythromycin?

I am allergic to penicillin, so the alternative medication is usually erythromycin. And guess what am allergic to this as well. Been a long time since I needed medication but goodness knows what I can take! Can't quite remember my symptoms but i think you should go back to the doctor. Hope you feel better soon.

What Superphil said.

But - if you aren't on antibiotics and want to try something longer-lasting I'd advise holistic help.
I was always a skeptic, always felt herbal meds were for smelly hippy weirdos only, ethereal nonsense or like whiffing candles or listening to mood music. But I had late onset asthma coming on and despised inhalers. I was also liable to get colds that were ALWAYS followed by bronchitis!
This wasn't helped if I went anywhere the smell of bleach, paints, or pollen-rich environments (especially rapeseed of course, which is f**king up a lot of people nationally).

So - I tried ECHINACEA.
Astounding to me, it relieved all asthma symptoms. With a bit of concentrated effort from me (no beer/alcohol/less sugar intake/less dairy/good sleep and low stress), the echinacea eradicated a persistent bronchitis too.
I only take it occasionally if I feel anything might be coming on (it's usually too late if you are overcome by cold or flu), but it bolstered my own immune system instead of replacing it like antibiotics do, and the asthma has disappeared. I don't get bronchitis any more, and even the pollen allergy let up.

I've come to realise that replacing modern diagnoses with holistics is just the other way round from what has happened in the last century. Mankind got this far before the modern meds - yes of course the survival rates weren't as great but I'm not suggesting ignore all doctoral advice.

If possible and available, I'll try herbs to help combat some illnesses - and certainly have come to swear by Echinacea for having convinced me of its' worth and use.

Later, I tried Glucosamine and Condroitin, and when my dog got repeated spinal pains it worked on him to fix that problem.
If I get any joint pains, a couple of months on G&C does appear to work really well. I don't even know if doctors have a better treatment, they'd probably advise cortisone injections.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
I'm allergic to both erythromycin and penicillin and I get stomach cramps with the latter - go to docs and get an alternative antibiotic

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Side effect. Take some paracetamol too :)

Surprised they gave you erythromycin for a chest infection though, as it's been shown to not be effective anymore.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Later, I tried Glucosamine and Condroitin, and when my dog got repeated spinal pains it worked on him to fix that problem.
If I get any joint pains, a couple of months on G&C does appear to work really well. I don't even know if doctors have a better treatment, they'd probably advise cortisone injections.

I've been suffering with shoulder problems [40 years of slinging a cricket ball down as fast as I can] and last year I had 4 cortizone injections and was finally pain free in September.

Problem has now returned [althopugh not as severe] so I went to the GP and we talked about G&C which I've been taking since a knee op 5 years ago. He showed me the GP prescribers manual which stated this was no longer to be prescribed as the benefits were now unfounded - so I stopped taking them in Jan. As we start pre-season, I'm about to restart G&C, so will be intertesting to see if they make any difference as post active aching [after gym etc.] is now at an all time high.

Been seeing a physio [non-sports] for 4 weeks now [for shoulders] and she has basically said "What do you expect? I can't reverse your aging process." - I nearly slapped the cow.

Could this be the end of my playing days ....

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

My ex wife had that. Turned out she was pregnant. You might have Aids though. Difficult to tell.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
You might have Aids though. Difficult to tell.

Ha ha, before I was diagnosed with ME almost all the symptoms I was suffering seemed to be a symptom of HIV also, I was scared shitless for a while.

I'm interested in the G&C stuff mentioned above. I had my cruciate ligaments reconstructed about 20 years ago. Recently the knee has been very painful on the inner side of it and is causing me quite a lot of discomfort when walking. It's also very sore to touch. I might look some of that out.

I've been suffering with shoulder problems [40 years of slinging a cricket ball down as fast as I can] and last year I had 4 cortizone injections and was finally pain free in September.

Problem has now returned [althopugh not as severe] so I went to the GP and we talked about G&C which I've been taking since a knee op 5 years ago. He showed me the GP prescribers manual which stated this was no longer to be prescribed as the benefits were now unfounded - so I stopped taking them in Jan. As we start pre-season, I'm about to restart G&C, so will be intertesting to see if they make any difference as post active aching [after gym etc.] is now at an all time high.

Been seeing a physio [non-sports] for 4 weeks now [for shoulders] and she has basically said "What do you expect? I can't reverse your aging process." - I nearly slapped the cow.

There is a big difference between aches of a muscular kind, and joints. G&C supports the fluidity between joints, nothing to do with muscular aches.
You might have tendonitis or something - I'd look even at accupuncture, or find out if you damaged a muscle that should be repaired with an op.
I'm no dr, but try it

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

my problems are all spinal related,after visiting gp's and being prescribed all sorts of gear to allay the symptoms( some of them alarmingly good..!!) i have been going to a chiropractor.......never felt better tbh, pain free,loose as a goose and able to go about my daily business with no problems......still fart a lot though but you can't have it all can ya.??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here