A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Six points in the bag next season then

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
This must be one of the weakest endorsements of a manager in Premier League history.
‘Ok, so we aren’t that impressed with you and we did a review to see whether we could engineer a change, but we can’t find anyone better at this point’.
United will be forced into extending his contract now surely, as he only has a year left.
Poor start to the season and they’ll sack him if Southgate is available.
INEOS, for all their pretentious noises about ‘strategic reviews’ have really stumbled their way through this.
Will be interesting to see how their transfer window goes.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Personally I am really happy that they've kept him because he's shown that he's incapable of turning around the shitshow that is the Man U of the last 10 years.

Long may it continue and long may they stay a struggling mid table squad, spunking hundreds of millions on wasted talent that doesn't perform.

My hatred of Man U has had half a century to develop and it's full blown matured into a loathing that every possible scenario that keeps them down is roundly celebrated.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It would be good if while he has been hanging on to see whether he still has a job he has looked at where his next position could be. He could say f*** you to UTD and just leave anyway.
1718181018461.png

£9m-a-year (£6.25m now given the failure to make the CL) says he's unlikely to walk away.

Also, Simeone is on £30m-a-year?! I checked about 10 different sites and that's apparently right... Insane numbers

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
managed to get a team to play erratically different week to week and my recollection only 8th because a couple good games from McTominey. only logic here is continuity will improve them, seems dubious.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Review, my arse. This smacks of "We looked around for alternatives but they were either shit, or wouldn't touch this club with a ten foot bargepole".

So now they're pretending it was good all along.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It was one of the best FA Cup finals for years as United deliciously beat the spoilt brats of Manchester City.

With a fully fit squad he can build on that now but I think they'll get injuries and he could be gone by December. Erik Ten Hag seems a nice enough guy and glad he's got another chance.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
View attachment 183877

£9m-a-year (£6.25m now given the failure to make the CL) says he's unlikely to walk away.

Also, Simeone is on £30m-a-year?! I checked about 10 different sites and that's apparently right... Insane numbers

Also suggests Potter would have been the fifth highest paid manager in the world (£12m/ year) when he was at the Bridge. Amazing. And also hilarious, given that they are presumably still paying some of that, two managers later.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Sooooo, RDZ is really going to start the season without a club?

Where's left for him to go that's a better position that BHA now? AC Milan??

Me Atome

Mar 10, 2024
Review, my arse. This smacks of "We looked around for alternatives but they were either shit, or wouldn't touch this club with a ten foot bargepole".

So now they're pretending it was good all along.
I wouldn't have phrased it like that, but I was going to post something which says the same.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sooooo, RDZ is really going to start the season without a club?

Where's left for him to go that's a better position that BHA now? AC Milan??

Given that there's apparently a condition on the "mutual consent" agreement that says if he signs for another club before the end of August, they have to pay the Albion several million pounds in compensation, I suspect he'll suddenly become that much more attractive to prospective employers sometime around September.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not much point going to Man U if there's such a small budget

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
The club is rotten to the core, and has been since the Glazers bought it, siphoning off millions, and reducing it to a laughing stock. Their current manager must be pretty competent to ever win a match with a squad of mercenaries, most of whom couldn't care whether they win or lose. It'll take eons to turn the club around. They have existed for too long purely to make up the numbers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here