Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eric Hitchmo: I don't agree with that in the workplace!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
People see me, and they see the suit, and they go: "you're not fooling anyone", they know I'm rock and roll through and through. But you know that old thing, live fast, die young? Not my way. Live fast, sure, live too bloody fast sometimes, but die young? Die old. That's the way- not orthodox, I don't live by "the rules" you know. And if there's one other person who's influenced me in that way I think, someone who is a maverick, someone who does that to the system, then, it's Ian Botham. Because Beefy will happily say "that's what I think of your selection policy, yes I've hit the odd copper, yes I've enjoyed the old dooby, but will you piss off and leave me alone, I'm walking to John O'Groats for some spastics."

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
The most enjoyable piece of work I've done in my time in education, was a piece for AS English Language where we had the freedom (within reason) to write an essay on a subject of our choice.

Mine was 'In what ways is language used in The Office to create humour?'

Delightful it was.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Gareth it's like making the div kid at school milk monitor - no one respects it...

Erm I think they do...

No they don't Gareth...

Well if people were rude to me I used to give them their milk last... So it was warm.

:clap:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
"Dutch girls must be punished for having big boobs. Now you DO not punish anyone, Dutch or otherwise, for having big boobs"

They should be rewarded, if anything.

Oct 25, 2003
“Me, lager. Finchy, Lager. Gareth, lager sometimes cider, so different drinks for different...needs.”

“I watched that Peak Practice.”
“Yeah, I’ve never seen it.”
“Bloody repeat.”
“Annoying innit?”
“Not for me, I hadn't seen it.”

“All farmers have wives.”
“This one doesn’t, he’s gay.”
“Well, then, he shouldn’t be allowed near animals should he.”

“We’re both good in our own fields. I’m sure Texas couldn’t run and manage a successful paper merchants. I couldn’t do what-, well, I could do what they do, and I think they knew that, even back then. Probably what spurred them on.”

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How can anyone NOT find The Office funny ? Its some of the best British comedy writing of all time, easily up there with Fawlty Towers and comfortably surpassing OFAH.

f***ing weirdo's.

(that wasn't in the show, that was me).

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
How can anyone NOT find The Office funny ? Its some of the best British comedy writing of all time, easily up there with Fawlty Towers and comfortably surpassing OFAH.

f***ing weirdo's.

(that wasn't in the show, that was me).

Woow there, better than only fools and horses? The two are both of there generation and both brilliant but in different ways.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Brent: Chris.
Finchey: Yeah?
Brent: Why don't you f*** off?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Woow there, better than only fools and horses? The two are both of there generation and both brilliant but in different ways.

I agree they're great in different ways. But OFAH, for me, just dragged on too long till it ran out of ideas and eventually got a bit shit. The Office did a Fawlty Towers - a small number of consistantly BRILLIANT episodes that are so beautifully written and performed that they easily stand up to multiple re-viewings, and left you wanting more.

There's not been a better comedy series in the last 10 years, in my honest opinion.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
People see me, and they see the suit, and they go: "you're not fooling anyone", they know I'm rock and roll through and through. But you know that old thing, live fast, die young? Not my way. Live fast, sure, live too bloody fast sometimes, but die young? Die old. That's the way- not orthodox, I don't live by "the rules" you know. And if there's one other person who's influenced me in that way I think, someone who is a maverick, someone who does that to the system, then, it's Ian Botham. Because Beefy will happily say "that's what I think of your selection policy, yes I've hit the odd copper, yes I've enjoyed the old dooby, but will you piss off and leave me alone, I'm walking to John O'Groats for some spastics."

:lolol:
Its almost impossible to top that. Gervais is the Tarantino of comedy writing.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I agree they're great in different ways. But OFAH, for me, just dragged on too long till it ran out of ideas and eventually got a bit shit. The Office did a Fawlty Towers - a small number of consistantly BRILLIANT episodes that are so beautifully written and performed that they easily stand up to multiple re-viewings, and left you wanting more.

There's not been a better comedy series in the last 10 years, in my honest opinion.

Can't argue with that much other than although fools and horses petered out and ended up shit, it was consistently funny for a good 20 years through the 80's and 90's

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Gareth: That's one reason why gays shouldn't be allowed into the army. Because if we're in battle, is he going to be looking at the enemy, or is he going to be looking at me and going "Ooh. He looks tasty in his uniform". And I'm not homophobic, all right? Come round, look at my CDs. You'll see Queen, George Michael, Pet Shop Boys. They're all bummers.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Coventry conference time :bounce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here