Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Entrance £25? No pay what you feel.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
saw that earlier,be interesting to see how many they get through the gates on sat! if this happened at Withdean how much would you pay???

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I'd start at £15 and pay £5 extra the following game if we won (up to £25) and take £5 off if we lost.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
How about free entry into the ground and then a discretionary payment on the way out based on how much 'fun' you had?

:dunce:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
a london resturant tried the same, found they got more on average than normal. it think as a one off people would make a point to pay more to balance out those who didnt pay at all, but i dont think it'd work once the novelty had worn gone.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's a dumb idea and anyone who thinks paying £15 at the Withdean would get more bums on seats is even dumber. It's a marketing gimmick that may work for a couple of matches but then people would abuse it and pay as little as they can regardless of what the game is like. If it cost £15 to get in at Withdean, we would already be watching Blue Square League football as that would not sustain the club. Over the last 10 years, I don't believe the club have posted massive profits and the price we pay is the economic reality of the situation the club is in.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
not trying to be funny or ive got loadsa money kinda thing because i havent,the fact is FOR ME its not about how much it is to go to withers its actually value for money when i get there,if it was £50 or 50p wouldnt matter a jot,i just want to be entertained in pleasent dry surroundings with some atmosphere decent grub toilets and a pint if i want one,Drew is right when he says the pay what you want would prob work for a few games but its no solution , the solution is being built at falmer right now,there are around 5,000 die hard fans who go to withers week in week out and the club now and then do reduce prices for fans and the crowd in general swells by around 500 or so,people have had enough of withdean its as simple as that,i dont go to every game there now even when im able to,i look out the window and if its lashing down its a no go.

Attachments

• gateshead.jpg
    gateshead.jpg
    685.9 KB · Views: 239

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Mansfield gate yesterday 7261, usual home gate 3000. Lowest known entrance payment 3p! Must have known Gateshead would win!

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
i may go tue and offer up a quid, no hang on.................................. only got 98p, well it is afterall only withdean, come on, is it worth more????

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's a dumb idea and anyone who thinks paying £15 at the Withdean would get more bums on seats is even dumber. .

Well, someone has got no idea of the financial realities of life here - and I think it's you.

If money is no object, and you do all the things you want to in life, nice for you. Most people have to budget and make choices and £25 to sit in the rain is making that choice quite easy for thousands of stayaway fans.

We're not talking about Albion's bizarre situation here, we all know about that - just the pricing point. And you would get a lot more takers at £15 at Withdean.

As with all campaigns you get the maximum effect from a co-ordinated marketing stategy, so it's not just pricing, but pricing with adverts, targeting schools, offers, or whatever else.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
If it really was pay what you feel,there is no doubt,sooner rather than later, the situation would be abused....to think otherwise is naive in the extreme!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here