Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Entering the world of SLR Photography...views needed on Nikon D3000

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Invest in the lenses

That's excellent advice.

Years ago I was told by a photography teacher that 'the camera is only a box which holds the film - it's the lens that does the work'. Nowadays, of course, the camera is a far more significant part of the system, but it is still the lens which dictates picture quality.

Don't just consider the lens you are about to buy, but look at your next lens, and the one after that. As the lens mounts are not interchangeable between manufacturers, your first purchase will 'lock you in' to that manufacturer.

My preference is for Canon EOS, but both Canon and Nikon make excellent gear and have a comprehensive range of kit for the amateur, enthusiast, serious enthusiast and the pro.

Sep 20, 2005
Anyone know if this bad boy fits the Nikon D3000?

http://joby.com/gorillapod/slrzoom/features

The Gorillapod, like all tripods, will fit all cameras, large or small, still or video. The fitting under the camera, known as the bush, is the same on all cameras. However, its practicality with a D3000 is another matter and depends on the weight of the camera itself. If it's big and heavy, the 'pod will have trouble maintaining balance. Larger Gorillapods are available.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Blimey, I have passed that on to who is buying it for my xmas pressie!

Thanks Wozza!!

:thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Years ago I was told by a photography teacher that 'the camera is only a box which holds the film - it's the lens that does the work'. Nowadays, of course, the camera is a far more significant part of the system, but it is still the lens which dictates picture quality.
You think the camera is more significant than before (agreed) but the lens dictates picture quality - I know what you mean, quality glass can make a big difference to the picture quality (depends what you're shooting), but the body also effects picture quality (and not by a little bit).

both Canon and Nikon make excellent gear and have a comprehensive range of kit for the amateur, enthusiast, serious enthusiast and the pro.
Indeed, lots of nice gear to drool over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here