Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Enough of the Excuses...English Top Tier football is 2nd rate - FACT

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The English Premiership and too many games
Excuses, Lionel Messi played in the region of 50 odd games, as did many other top players in the world cup

Too Many Foreigners
As we are part of EU, I would love to know how that can be policed

THAT goal should have been allowed
Bollocks again, if it was allowed Germany would have still got the goals needed to show our inadequate level of football

Get a new manager
This is too early to be making this decision until the FA meet Capello and discuss his plans and what he has learnt to allow us to move forward

and breeeeathe....

:thumbsup:

matt

Mar 19, 2007
The number of recent Champions League semi-final appearances by teams from the top tier of English would seem to put this 'FACT' in the ever-growing list of 'NSC Facts which actually aren't Facts'

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The number of recent Champions League semi-final appearances by teams from the top tier of English would seem to put this 'FACT' in the ever-growing list of 'NSC Facts which actually aren't Facts'

How many of those teams have English players?

John Terry plays in front of Peter Cech and behind Micheal Essien...f*** me a monkey wuld be seen as a great defender in that team!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Fernando Torres
Didier Drogba
Cristiano Ronaldo (til last year)
Robin Van Persie
Cesc Fabregas
Carlos Tevez
Steven Gerrard/Frank Lampard (regardless of their form for England, they have been consistently excellent at club level over the years)
Michael Essien
Michael Ballack
Petr Cech

could go on for aaages

What a SHIT league, eh?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Fernando Torres
Didier Drogba
Cristiano Ronaldo (til last year)
Robin Van Persie
Cesc Fabregas
Carlos Tevez
Steven Gerrard/Frank Lampard (regardless of their form for England, they have been consistently excellent at club level over the years)
Michael Essien
Michael Ballack
Petr Cech

could go on for aaages

What a SHIT league, eh?

So out of that least you have just two english players, no denying the quality of player in the premiership!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So out of that least you have just two english players, no denying the quality of player in the premiership!

Eh? I'm confused what your point is? Your thread title is suggesting the quality of football in the English top division is 2nd rate, when it clearly isn't.

Mar 13, 2008
Your post didnt say english players were shit it said the league was shit. Which is wrong.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would say more of the problem is to do with the fact the Englash players don't feel the need to go and play a bit of football overseas. Other successful national teams (Germay being the one exception to the rule) have lots of players that play their club football all over the World. I guess we could blame the high wages in the Premier League for this. By going overseas maybe the player would learn about other styles of play and that skill sometimes can be a decent substitute for pace.

Marcel Desaillies (sp?) said on ITV the other night, that when he used to meet up with his France teammates it was special. Whereas the England players play aginst each other all the time, and therefore probably don't benefit from this extra fillip.

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Ive confused myself :lolol:

I think what I am trying to say is the level of quality from the "english" players is now-where near where it needs to be.....I think :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here