Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Enough is Enough

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No I'm not.

If you think there are ANY signs that we will get out of this mess by leaving things as they are, then, IMHO, you ARE deluded.

I'll add that the board, by choosing to ignore the vast majority of the club's fanbase, will continue to experience a VERY bumpy ride... the relatively limited trouble amongst the Albion fans at the Millwall game was just the start; the situation will rapidly worsen. I am therefore fast losing faith in them as well as Sami, and I'm sure others already have / will do.

Last edited:

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
But surely by showing loyalty and not sacking a manager at the first hurdle - our Mr. Bloom is very anti modern football.

or a man going on holiday with his family and not wanting to stay here and deal with interviews before Christmas.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Well there's a fine selection of view points, pretty much split into two camps - 1.) Trusting in the club hierarchy to put things right even if it's not an immediate response. Or, 2.) Radical measures to be taken straightaway to get (hopefully) an instant uplift in the club's fortunes, even if it seems to be against the club's current stance.

Either way, we won't really know who is right or wrong until the end of the season. One thing is for sure which totally unites everyone on this site - we are ALL bloody passionate about the Albion.

Think we will know long before the end of the season if current form continues.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
As a former seagull down under I can appreciate how hard it is to keep up with affairs over here. I go to the games fella, I see the problems first hand:

- signings like O'Grady
- lack of passion/inspiration from the touchline
- inept players keeping their place
- strong performers not selected
- bafflingly poor tactics
- empty seats

I'll happily bet you a very large sum that if Sammi is here next season it will be in League 1.

I fully appreciate that I'm not at the games so have a far less informed opinion to voice, granted, but I can't get past the fact that this is the 2nd year running we've had a new manager who's new to both The Championship and managing in England, following the most successful spell in the club's history since I left England over 20 years ago. I honestly feel Sami has to be given more time and that we have it - the season still isn't quite halfway through yet and won't be until Boxing Day after which we could be 6 points to the better, heading back in the right direction and able to really bed in his playing style / concepts ready for a proper tilt at the playoffs again next season. As for the bet, "we" chose not to gamble in our household anymore, otherwise I'd take it. I must say I'm ever the optimist, but there's rarely a dull season supporting the Albion which is frankly half the fun of it....

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I fully appreciate that I'm not at the games so have a far less informed opinion to voice, granted, but I can't get past the fact that this is the 2nd year running we've had a new manager who's new to both The Championship and managing in England, following the most successful spell in the club's history since I left England over 20 years ago. I honestly feel Sami has to be given more time and that we have it - the season still isn't quite halfway through yet and won't be until Boxing Day after which we could be 6 points to the better, heading back in the right direction and able to really bed in his playing style / concepts ready for a proper tilt at the playoffs again next season. As for the bet, "we" chose not to gamble in our household anymore, otherwise I'd take it. I must say I'm ever the optimist, but there's rarely a dull season supporting the Albion which is frankly half the fun of it....
Even a professional contraryian like myself is struggling to get behind that.

Although to give Sami some credit, with the exception of Derby and unlike Reading, we aren't getting blown out of the water.
Invariably we're drawing games we should win, or losing by the odd goal from an individual error.

But the facts are we're easy to score once, against, and now adding Darren Bent's name to the long list of 'quality strikers we've made look shitehouse'.

With absolutely no sign of anything changing.

Sami has had a raw deal, would appear to be poorly treated within the current set up, but crucially seems unable to help himself.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

I would agree with your sentiment IF things were moving in the right direction, but nothing regarding team selection and tactics is changing. His sheer naevity and stubborness will take us down. I'm not sure if you were here for Adams' second reign but it's as bad as that.

I honestly believe we could get results with this squad just through playing a solid system that makes us hard to beat but right now our full backs are quite often the furthest men up the field with no defensive midfiekd to cover them. It's just laughable and has been plainly obvious for months, but nothing has changed.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011

Like you I live in Perth,but I'm lucky enough to get home most years to catch a few games.This year I saw the first few matches and even then we looked poor,mid-table at best.Talk of a play-off chance was fanciful.VIewing from afar it would appear to me we are going backwards and the excuses wearing very thin.Like everyone I would love Sami to turn it around.I'm over in the UK for the start of next season and the thought of returning to Div 1 games is not a nice thought.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Like you I live in Perth,but I'm lucky enough to get home most years to catch a few games.This year I saw the first few matches and even then we looked poor,mid-table at best.Talk of a play-off chance was fanciful.VIewing from afar it would appear to me we are going backwards and the excuses wearing very thin.Like everyone I would love Sami to turn it around.I'm over in the UK for the start of next season and the thought of returning to Div 1 games is not a nice thought.

Lucky indeed, one game at Withdean, one at The Amex and one at Vicarage Road for me in 20 years. So expensive to go back....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here