Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Enjoying a weekend free of moaners and whiners

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not a single moan about the trains OR the catering. Unbelievable Jeff! :clap:
That's the point though. After a result like that no cares if they've had to queue from midday for the privilege of paying £20 for a piping-hot pint of lager and a frozen pie, and then afterwards having to wait six hours for a tiny space on a jam-packed train home. However when the football's shit it's those peripheral things that become important and can tip the balance between people buying tickets or not.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Reckon at half-time yesterday most would have assumed we'd try to shut up shop, narrowly fail, and go away happy with a 1-1 draw. Learning experience for CH that maybe the best form of defence is attack?

Good shout. Although I suspect that at half time many were expecting we'd try to shut up shop, and narrowly fail!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I know this is totally OT, but has anyone read that Norwich forum, Pink 'un, not one of them have said we were good. They talk about how crap they are but they tend to forget that you're only as bad as the superior side put against you. I haven't seen one of them say we were good.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It was a hypothetical question, so there wouldn't be 'a point' in the way you were apparently expecting. Like, 'What if Burnley hadn't scrambled that extra time equaliser?'

But it is pointless. Obviously the feeling would be less happy as we'd just lost yesterday and the Brentford game would have been long forgotten. That's why I don't understand. Or do you mean if we'd lost to Norwich in September and beaten Brentford yesterday? If the latter, there would be a lot of positive comments but not the delight of yesterday as Norwich are considered one of our biggest rivals for a potential top two place while Brentford aren't

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Reckon at half-time yesterday most would have assumed we'd try to shut up shop, narrowly fail, and go away happy with a 1-1 draw. Learning experience for CH that maybe the best form of defence is attack?

Nothing to do with best form of defence being attack. The difference in this game was that we got the 2nd goal whereas in other games we did not. If it was 1-0 with 15 mins to go he would have shut up shop yesterday as well. That's a given. That's his style.

If we get the 2nd goal against teams we are dominating then we are capable of doing what we did yesterday to any team

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But it is pointless. Obviously the feeling would be less happy as we'd just lost yesterday and the Brentford game would have been long forgotten. That's why I don't understand. Or do you mean if we'd lost to Norwich in September and beaten Brentford yesterday? If the latter, there would be a lot of positive comments but not the delight of yesterday as Norwich are considered one of our biggest rivals for a potential top two place while Brentford aren't
You don't really get the idea of 'discussion', do you...............

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I was a little surprised that the ground was still around half empty with five minutes to go :shrug:
Yes very disappointing that people can't stay and applaud the players after that performance. Stayed for a couple of pints and strolled straight onto a train, happy days

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
What a waste of goals. Why score 5 when 1 will do?

And I missed the excitement of hanging on to a one goal lead.

And have we no respect for national treasures like Delia and Stephen Fry?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here