Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Enjoy it Seagulls

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Another thing; in the past when attendances were peaking we regularly got over 20,000. Much of that is based on demographics, we've got a huge and relatively affluent catchment area. Teams like Reading have never had those kind of attendances on a regukar basis so we can't be compared to them. All that has changed with Reading is that they have got a stadium that is too big for them as a club. Can you imagine any Brighton manager with a big stadium and his team pushing for promotion to the top flight having to publicly beg fans to turn up?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
MYOB said:
I meant the hundreds to thousands of people who live MILES away from BN1. Like me. I couldn't easily get to a match in Falmer, even if I knew I had no ticketing issues.

I see that now but on the other hand there were hundreds if not thousands who didn't or couldn't go to Cardiff because it was too far for them. I'm not saying we'd get 30k for all the big matches (we couldn't in a 22500 stadium anyway obviously) but we do have the support to regularly get around 20000 IF we are doing well.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I'd prefer to see 16-17K sold, or whatever the max amount to still be pay on the day would be

Being used to Eircom League grounds, the whole concept of not being able to turn up ten minutes before kickoff, pay to get in, and go and find a seat or a place on the terraces is alien to me....

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
MYOB said:
I'd prefer to see 16-17K sold, or whatever the max amount to still be pay on the day would be

Being used to Eircom League grounds, the whole concept of not being able to turn up ten minutes before kickoff, pay to get in, and go and find a seat or a place on the terraces is alien to me....

He he, I know what you mean. Sauntering up to the gates at Withdean is certainly a lot different than the old days of having to que up to the Hove Park Tavern just to get in the North Stand.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Additionally, Seagulls have a very big national fan base and I for one would be interested to know figures of the fans (me being one) that travelled well outside of Brighton to that game.

Top of my head we have fans in Liverpool, Manchester, Scotland, South West, Derbyshire, here in Leeds, Yorkshire as whole so on and on.

I think we would have a good fan base and would have a good revenue when we get Famer!!

:clap:

Yoda

English & European
RoyalAli said:
We took 35,000 to Cardiff, so how can your support be bigger than ours?
Playoff final support is no way to judge support.

That allocation was bigger than ours. I wonder how many of them were the Reading based, London supporting team's, going for a day out at the Mill Stad. Just to say they've been there? :p

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
RoyalAli said:
I wonder how many of yours were Reading fans out for another trip to cardiff?

There is no way of telling a club's support from a playoff final, unless both teams are from the same city, and one sells mroe than another.
There were loads of empty seats in the Brighton end, on the far side, so you didn't sell your allocation.

We sold 28500 out of 30000 the only tickets left were the £24 seats.

I think we will average 14K to 16K once we get our stadium

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I think you only have to look at a map.

Draw a circle about 30 miles in diameter with Brighton at the centre and you won't find another league club.

However, do the same with Reading as your centrepoint and you start getting London clubs in on the equation. Not to mention Swindon.

In fact some of the nearest league clubs to Brighton are probably similarly distanced from Reading.

This is why the Brighton area has a bigger catchment than that of Reading. Not wanting to detract from Reading because they're a big successful team these days but I genuinely believe given the same resources Brighton would be pulling in crowds an average of 2-5k more each week with both teams in the same division.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We could have got 20000 Saturday.

I know someone who saw all the Leeds players in the hotel bar getting pissed up and joking and laughing Saturday night after being beaten by the mighty Albion.

A few choice words were said as he is a Leeds fan , such as what the feck are you doing on the piss you should be keeping a low profile after such a crap performance. They just laughed in his face and carried on.

Your fans were very good Saturday shame about the team. Also Gregan and Butler , what a couple of cocks, strutting around the pitch like they were good players, which they are not. Complete knobs.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
TheWhiteRose_LUFC said:
15 Brighton 15 5 4 6 14 19 -5 19
16 Burnley 15 3 9 3 13 12 1 18
17 Leeds 14 4 6 4 11 10 1 18

Its the only time its going to be like that in the next 20 years with this takeover Leeds United will be back! :clap2: :salute:

Nobody likes a bad loser!

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
RoyalAli said:
I wonder how many of yours were Reading fans out for another trip to cardiff?

Maybe there were also a few Cardiff fans there who were hoping to see the Wurzels beaten. And what a MARVELLOUS day it turned out to be!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
I think Brighton are a lot like Plymouth in that they have pretty much the whole of Cornwall to get their fans from. Only difference is that they have the stadium! :nono:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Scarface said:
I think Brighton are a lot like Plymouth in that they have pretty much the whole of Cornwall to get their fans from. Only difference is that they have the stadium! :nono:

They're in Devon and have Torquay & Exeter nearby

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Yorkies, they're like jocks without the generosity!

You got beat by little Brighton, the team that should be dead, except we wouldn't let our club die.

We know what our ambition is; to stay in this league until we get a new ground, then we can punch on.

Leeds, what's your ambition? To get back in Europe?

Get real, you've just got beat by little Brighton!

Don't be fooled by Withdean though; there's plenty of us.

:drink:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not all Yorkies....

Just the scum from L***s. ( LB accepted of course)

Champions of Europe?????

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dave the gaffer said:
Not all Yorkies....

Just the scum from L***s. ( LB accepted of course)

Champions of Europe?????

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Exactly. Huddersfield/Sussex Yorkies are fine aren't they Dave? :lolol:

Ned (from Rotherham) would say that a Yorkshireman is a Scot with all the generosity squeezed out of him though ;)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Speaking of the Leeds players, I was driving down to Brighton last Sunday and I went past their coach going up Clayton Hill (don't know why, presumably they were staying in a hotel prior to the trip to Portsmouth on Tuesday).

Anyway, as soon as I saw them, I gave them a great big friendly wave out of the window of my car :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :salute: :salute:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here