Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

English History Quiz.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
25/30 Was also wrongfooted by Black Death and bubonic plague being apparently different answers. Some lucky, some unlucky guesses.

I'm pretty sure question 17 is wrong and the answer I gave was 200 years before the answer they give as correct?

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
28. Also stupidly mucked up the Tories and Whigs question (wasn't thinking straight) as well as the Winston Churchill question on the Nobel Prize. 3-4 educated guesses upped the score. Very surprised, because I was rubbish at history in school!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Which Norman king bested England's King Harold II at the Battle of Hastings in 1066?

Am I the only person who hates the so-called word 'bested'? Why not defeated?

26/30. Couple of really stupid wrong answers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
mmm..... lowest confessor . . . 20. Fits well with my grade 5 O level. Still, that's an A* in today's money, which if my memory serves correct, is the Euro. Ahem.

My excuse is that I've been drinking. Hang on . . . I scored 166 in an IQ test having downed a bottle of red a year ago. . . . .

Yes, OK, I am embarrassed. But not greatly :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Which Norman king bested England's King Harold II at the Battle of Hastings in 1066?

Am I the only person who hates the so-called word 'bested'? Why not defeated?

26/30. Couple of really stupid wrong answers.

The more modern equivalent is 'medalled' or 'podiumed'. Stand by for a whole torrential diarrhoea of it over the next few weeks :wozza::lolol:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
26/30 and I'm a bleedin' Yank.

Jul 20, 2003
Yo! London, England had, WAY, WAY WAY!!!! more history that the U S of A used to have. Before there were pretzels they had some real historical shit going down...... with books and all that kind of shit.

(Proud to have done better on hedgehogs)

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
25/30. Kicking myself over some very silly mistakes. Couldn't decide between Edwine and Edwy. Thought Black Death and Bubonic Plague were the same thing and plumped for wrong one. Knew Tories/Whigs but inexplicably clicked wrong one. Got two historical dates wrong on 50/50 calls.
So near and yet so far.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Sorry but what was the last question again. Did 51 per cent of the UK population vote to leave the EU or was it 51% of the people who voted. Or did I read the question wrong?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here