Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England's R16 Opponents - Confirmed as Slovakia

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Play like we did against Slovenia and a bit of luck in front of goal and can get through and onto the 1/4s

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Fully expecting more of the same from Gareth’s boys, and it will end with more Glorious Failure, hopefully not against Slovakia though.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
We'll beat Slovakia. Then meeting the Swiss is a big worry. Sneak past them and I see us losing in the final and we'll still be having the same old Southgate arguments: he's been somewhat successful while we've been playing dour, restricted football. This was always going to be his legacy. But I'm still hopeful of a "Beardsley" change and lift off.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
'Some of the male Lionesses are technically gifted, but the games have nonetheless been tedious to watch so far. I'm not against them having their own team, it's just tedious having it forced down your throat every time you turn the tv on.'

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Think I would have preferred to play the Netherlands. Think we would raise our game for that and they won't play a low block. They're also not that great.
I had the same though yesterday. We seem to be back to struggling against teams we "should" beat, and I don't expect us to play any better against Slovakia than we did against Slovenia.

But against the Netherlands, I think we would have raised our game.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here