Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England...

Do you actually give a shit about watching the England game tonight?...

• Yes - Must Watch

Votes: 26 41.9%
  • No - They Bore Me

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • Fence - Mmmm Sweet Fence

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Will be watching, never miss an England game if I can help it. However I expect us to grind out a dull, dull draw.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Can't really be arsed. Time was when I would never miss a competetive England game, but that wore off a few years ago.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I was in Spain so I missed all the inevitable Wailing and Gnashing of Teeth that must have occurred after the 0-0 draw. I shall probably watch to see if we can grind out a result. Not expecting too much with the players available, we're quite weak at Senior level at the moment and it's just a matter of waiting and hoping that the U-21s mature into better players than the lot we've got at present.

Still, at least I'm not Welsh. Or Irish.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
I will be watching cos I think we're gonna get beat.

The McLaren backlash will start in full flow tomorrow morning, cos clearly it'll be all his fault and if we sack him we'll be good again. :O

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Until our best midfielder is recalled to the squad I really couldn't give a f***. How can anyone be excited by a side with Downing in it? He's clearly shithouse.

I'll stick to supporting the u21s for now.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Not much of an England fan but always watch them though. England are rarely boring these days: it's well worth watching if only for Peter Crouch's exuberant contortion and Wayne Rooney's one man defiance of Darwin's theories of evolution. I swear he's become more neanderthal by the end of each match.

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Willow said:

The McLaren backlash will start in full flow tomorrow morning, cos clearly it'll be all his fault and if we sack him we'll be good again. :O
Exactly. "We've got the players, we just need the right manager!" Is there ANYBODY left who still believes that? The fact that an honest trier like Steven Gerrard will be missed toniight and also is reckoned by some England fans to be 'world class' tells you everything you need to know about the state of the national team and the myopia of some fans.

I still think we'll get at least a draw though. No one's expecting anything and they won't have that 'Golden Generation' pressure on them any more. It'll be good starting as underdogs.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Brovian said:
I was in Spain so I missed all the inevitable Wailing and Gnashing of Teeth that must have occurred after the 0-0 draw. I shall probably watch to see if we can grind out a result. Not expecting too much with the players available, we're quite weak at Senior level at the moment and it's just a matter of waiting and hoping that the U-21s mature into better players than the lot we've got at present.

Still, at least I'm not Welsh. Or Irish.

How do you come to that?? This is one of the strongest England senior squads we've ever had, particularly in the past 30 or so years and that is why it is so frustrating that they are playing so poorly.

I shall watch tonight but more in hope than expectation, if a 1-0 Croatia win were to get rid of the clown McLaren I'd take it.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Steve McClaren says: "We're looking for pride, passion, attitude and character and I'll be picking a team that epitomises that."

So I guess that means: "Bollocks to skill and tactics" again then...

:down:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I'd rather watch a replay of teh Blackpool game from Sunday.

I fcuking hate watching England but feel compelled to.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
crodonilson said:
How do you come to that?? This is one of the strongest England senior squads we've ever had, particularly in the past 30 or so years and that is why it is so frustrating that they are playing so poorly.

I shall watch tonight but more in hope than expectation, if a 1-0 Croatia win were to get rid of the clown McLaren I'd take it.
Eh? What planet are you from? One bad match every now and then and I'd be tempted to believe you. Have you actually watched these players trying to play? Never mind the tactics the lack of basic technique is lamentable. There have been a lot better players over the last 30 years than the likes of Neville, Downing, Defoe, Lampard, Robinson, Terry etc. The 1990 World Cup semi-final side and the 1996 Euro side would murder this current lot.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Lush said:
Couldn't be less bothered. I'm going to see Teatro Delusio at the Komedia.

their is a fair chance that watching England huff and puff in Coatia could be funnier....:down:

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
wheres ya passion!

come on ENGLAND!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Willow said:

your gonna watch it cos u think were gonna lose...

nice attitude

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here