England won't win the World cup again in my life time

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
At least you got to see them win something! spare a thought for us youngsters

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Well, certainly not going to win in the next 3. Brazil excuse - too hot. Russia excuse - too old. Quatar excuse - way, way too hot. So that's the next 10 years sorted. Iran will probably start a world war after that, so we don't need to worry.

Oh happy, happy, joy, joy !! someone has been on the happy tablets today Richard :lolol:

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
1966 was a blip.

I think you're right there, no doubting that for me. Still happy to have seen it though albeit at age 8. Really can't see it happening again in my lifetime but would be very happy to be proved wrong.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Until we get rid of the majority of foreign players playing in the prem and invest in youth it will never happen. See Spain in the 80's.

I fail to see how foreign players are ruining English football. English football ruined itself by not adjusting to other style of play. F.A Coaching pretty much emphasises hoofing it to the big man up front and hope he knocks it in. We should be using foreign style of play as an influence but adapting so it becomes our style of play. Unless England begins to see a shift in style, we won't win anything. Ever.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Actually, with the recent rule changes to the way kids are taught, I really do think that within the next 50 years we may luck our way to at least one European Championship.

You're probably right about a World Cup though.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Well, certainly not going to win in the next 3. Brazil excuse - too hot. Russia excuse - too old. Quatar excuse - way, way too hot. So that's the next 10 years sorted. Iran will probably start a world war after that, so we don't need to worry.

Brazil should be quite nice temps for football in June/July, probably same as an English summer day. The reason we won't win is because we're distinctly average at the moment, and nothing's going to change that drastically in the next 2 years!

Dec 29, 2011
we will, in my life time im 26, we have some very good young players coming through just need certain players to realise its time to f*** off, and the media need to give the guys a break ffs

Please give me some "good young players" coming through apart from Wilshere. Literally our defence is going to be dog shit in the next world cup when Terry, Lescott and Cole are past it.

Due to the limited number of English players playing in the Premiership on a regular basis, I think you are right. It was created by the rich clubs on the premise of giving England players a better chance of playing with top players every week. It has actually resulted in very few English players playing in our top flight at all.

You could argue if they were good enough they would play in the premier League, and infact all our starting eleven play in the premier league so what makes them so bad when they play for England?

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Similar overhaul needed perhaps that cricket has undergone in the last decade.

What did make me smile last night was the phrase 'playing without fear'.

Perhaps just another sporting hyperbole but in an age where people are fretting about their homes, their jobs, their simple ability to hold everything together at home and feed and support their families, this phrase makes me cringe.

£200k per week and some of the little flowers are frightened. Good God. If anyone treated the English football team or indeed half the twats playing in the Premier LEague like a business and took a long hard look at what people were paid on the basis of what they deliver then some of them would have something to worry about.

It's like watching a car crash on Groundhog day. Rooney, shadow of himself every tournament. inability to attack the opposition as the game wears on, like the tide, they drop deeper and deeper, look more and more ragged with barely one or two attempts on goal.

HOwever - you are not quite at the Scotland stage yet, where we decide to play qualifiers with no strikers!!!!!!!

Although perhaps Levein was ahead of his time as Spain seem to have decided this is the way forward.

At least there is no depression or heartache now, and at least we have something epic to look forward for our own domestic season!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Pointless thread... unless you want to tell us all next week's Lottery numbers Nostradmus?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
2034. Mark my words.

Burton will have been going for 20 years. Established players will be produced. Trevor Brooking will be head of Fifa and England manager Steven Gerrard will lead us to glory.

I've seen the future.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
It always makes me laugh to see yet another 'England wont win anything because of all the foreigners playing in the prem' comment when we ourselves are happy to have a foreign manager and often put out teams that have a majority of foreign players. So do we want foreigners in our game or not?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Old news.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Mexico 1970, Italy 1990 (World Cups) England 1996 & Portugal 2004 (Euros) are the only times we have had a squad capable of winning the tournament - they rest of the time we were just kidding ourselves.

So on that basis we might win something in the next 40 years but probably not.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing

Iran will probably go and win the World Cup now.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
There is no telling what shape our National team will be in come twenty years time. In the 1970's we were red hot favourites, by the 90's we were also rans, a title we still hold. Football changes like the tide, sure the Spanish are giants at the moment, but before that Brazil, Argentina etc have all been world forces.

There is simply no way of predicting if we'll be better or worse in twenty years from now, but hopefully, with a new England academy and some excellent coaches coming through, the next two generations might have what it takes? Who knows!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here