Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England - who would you play in goal in the next match?

Who would play in goal against Algeria?

• Rob Green

Votes: 49 46.7%
  • David James

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • Joe Hart

Votes: 31 29.5%

• Total voters

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
After his howler vs the USA, would you stick with Green in goal and play him against Algeria or would you drop him and play either Joe Hart or David James instead?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Was anyone else worried about those gloves? All through the game he was like Edward Fryingpan Hands

Yes. He just looked as though he had extremely fat fingers. Two foam hands from the 1983 Cup Final might have been more use and should be considered for the next game.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Lets not slaughter the guy for one mistake.

A keeper making a mistake is invariably going to lead to a goal.

Other players make mistake but these are not hilighted: Carragher getting skinned, Heskey & Wright-Phillips missing one-on-one with the keeper and tamely passing into Howards arms.

He has played reasonably well in the qualifying games, so stick with him.

Hart need to take over in September for the Euro qualifiers so that he has 4 years of experience come the next world cup

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
He did make a GREAT save though.

I thought he got away with that. His angle should have been tighter for his near post.

I've been touting him for the no 1 spot for a few years now, so I'm not going to slag him off now, but the mistake was huge.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I thought he got away with that. His angle should have been tighter for his near post.

I've been touting him for the no 1 spot for a few years now, so I'm not going to slag him off now, but the mistake was huge.

Not nessaserally directed at you, but have you ever played in goal? Any touch that stops it going in the goal is a save. Good or bad. That one was good (IMO).

EDIT: The mistake was a f***ing disaster.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Not nessaserally directed at you, but have you ever played in goal? Any touch that stops it going in the goal is a save. Good or bad. That one was good (IMO).

Yes I have. The highest level was county reserves, so nothing special.

I always look at what the keeper does in any match, position, distribution, handling etc.

Yes, it was a good save, but he could have narrowed the percantages by his positioning, in my opinion of course.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its difficult to say, James is just as prone to such silly mistakes, while Hart is possibly a much better keeper than either but inexperienced. Can i vote for Robinson? no thats silly too. Can we get a decent foreigner naturalised to sort this issue out?

but aon another point, why was Dempsy given the space to get that shot off? and why did he even have the ball, hadnt we just cheaply given away posession just before? really Green should have been in that position. when proper goal keeping was required he did alright, but he'll be remembered for the fumble, not for the shot that shouldn't have been.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
In my opinion, tonight proves that experience means little in international football, as in the end, a proffessional football match is a professional football match. David James still makes mistakes, as does/did Scott Carson, Robinson, and Greeen tonight. I stick by my opinion, play the best keeper, Joe Hart!

Was anyone else worried about those gloves? All through the game he was like Edward Fryingpan Hands

Rob Green tonight

kenever3.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'd have played Hart as I think he's the better keeper but if you drop Green now, it won't do much good for his self-confidence.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Although Capello has showed his metal previously with his stance over Owen and Walcott I think he'll stick with Green for Friday.

I know 'what if' is a game that knows no bounds but just imagine what if Capello had picked Hart and the same thing, which has probably happened to every keeper in football at some point, occurred.

Capello would have been slaughtered as much as Hart himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here