Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England vs The All Blacks

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
BBC Sport - Rugby Union - Andrew Sheridan replaces Tim Payne for England

No Phil Vickery after his retirement. A absolute rock for England, one of my favourite all time players. :bowdown:

BBC Sport - Rugby Union - England World Cup winner Phil Vickery retires

The team has been named.

Ben Foden (Northampton); Mark Cueto (Sale), Mike Tindall (Gloucester), Shontayne Hape (Bath), Chris Ashton (Northampton); Toby Flood (Leicester), Ben Youngs (Liecester);

Andrew Sheridan (Sale), Steve Thompson (Leeds), Dan Cole (Leicester), Courtney Lawes (Northampton), Tom Palmer (Stade Francais) Tom Croft (Leicester), Lewis Moody (Bath, capt), Nick Easter (Harlequins)

Replacements: Dylan Hartley (Northampton), David Wilson (Bath), David Attwood (Gloucester), Hendrie Fourie (Leeds), Danny Care (Harlequins), Charlie Hodgson (Sale), Delon Armitage (London Irish).

I can't see us beating the Kiwis, they have been in excellent form of late, despite a defeat to the Aussies on Saturday.

I'm thinking... England 13 vs 27 All Blacks.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Glad to see Dan Cole, Ben Foden, Chris Ashton and Shontayne Hape - they are they future of English rugby and, more importantly, they are looking bloody good.

What do we think of the new England kits? I've been sitting on a JJB voucher for over a year, so I am planning to purchase.

new_england_home_landing.jpg
new_england_change_landing.jpg

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
The raging bull was an absolute legend. He got taught art by my mom! Haha. Also worked on my mates farm just up the road. Hes an inspiration for everyone in my local area. Legend.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Shontayne Hape, what a player, He'll be bang up for facing his country of birth, I do wonder though if he'll join in the Haka! :bowdown:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Good to see Moody is fit despite that nasty eye injury he suffered. Love the guy even if he has tainted his reputation by joining Bath :tantrum:

I don't know much about Hendrie Fourie. He must be playing well individually to get a call up.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Looks like we are going to try and batter them in the scrum with Sheriden and Thompson starting, probably not a bad idea and maybe our best bet. At last we see some creativity in our back line but I can't help feeling that if we try and play expansive this will play into their hands. Keep it tight fellas. I predict Lewis Moody will try and flatten Dan Carter within the first 2 mins.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Really looking forward to this. New Zealand seemed a bit off form in their game against Australia so could be a great opportunity to play them. Having said that, it's New Zealand, they're always going to give you a great game.

Team looks good, with great potential creativity from the backs.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Hape's good, but Barkley should be playing inside centre

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
It's good to see the back line has some talent. The one position that I don't think has though is Flood. Too flimsy a flyhalf IMO. But then again.....don't see too many other options.

Lawes is a good addition. Not sure why Kennedy is not knocking on the door though for 2nd row honours.

And would love to see Dave Strettle and Simpson Daniel in the squad...although I fear the latter will never get a chance.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That's as strong and England side as we've fielded since the last World Cup, and although I expect us to lose I think we'll be in the mix until the last 7 or 8 minutes.

It's a shame Flutey's not available, although I'm pleased the likes of Delon Armitage, Care, Borthwick and Haskell have fallen down the pecking order.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The fly half in my rugby team is convinced that we will beat both the All Blacks and Australia - apparently we are going to give one of them a thrashing.

I think he has recieved one too many knocks to the head.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I've tried and tried, but,...............I cannot find it enjoyable!

To be honest it's fcuking boring, don't get the rules and don't get the fans...........

Swing Low...what what!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here