Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Vs. Spain

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
On paper, Spain might beat a lot of teams.
On their day, Brazil can lose to Bolivia and Ecuador, barely qualify for a World Cup but go on to win the sodding thing.
I do think that we over-rate some of these teams because of their foreign names that might fill with awe.
Those games are a little different, due to their altitudes and the Brazilians/Argies knowledge that they have loads of games to safely qualify...

For Spain:

James, Green, Hart
Neville, Johnson, Ferdinand, Terry, Upson, Davies, Cole, Bridge
Beckham, Wright-Phillips, Carrick, Barry, Gerrard, Lampard, Young
Heskey, Bent, Agbonlahor, Crouch

James (Green)
Neville Ferdinand Terry Cole
Gerrard Carrick Barry Young
Heskey Agbonlahor​

:thumbsup:

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Carrick is f***ing aweful, he shouldn't be playing. Neither should Heskey, he's wank.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
You can choose your club, you cannot choose your country.

You are English, not Tottenham Hotspursish.

:laugh:.

Tottenham to win the F.A Cup/League Cup OR England to Win the World Cup, I know what I would choose!:drink:

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
There all a bunch of f***ing over-paid, pre-madonnas(sp?) anyway. Hence why I don't follow England, I only follow my club.

Stumpy Tim

Capello said selection will be on current form, so I would go with 4-5-1 as Heskey seems to be the only (available) England striker playing well. Boro & Portsmouth are in free-fall, so players like Downing, James, Crouch & Glenn Johnson shouldn't be starting

Green
Neville, Terry, Ferdinand, Cole
Beckham, Gerrard, Carrick, Lampard, Young
Heskey

I would be tempted to fit Barry in for either Gerrard or Lampard though. Carrick must start

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Looking forward to a trip to Seville. Only on a day trip this time as saving holiday for Kazakhstan and Ukraine.

We arrive in Seville at 9.45am and as its a 10pm kick off local time plenty of time for a look round and a beer or two!

Glad we didnt fly out on Tuesday as originally planned, so can make the Peterborough match and the England game! I would expect an experimental team as Capello knows his strongest side but will give him a chance to see a few others in action.

A few mates going via Malaga on the Tuesday, they will get to see England U21 v Ecuador U21s (friendly) which is being played in Malaga!! Micah Richards is once again in the U21 squad - I would play him in games like the Spain friendly to see if he is good enough.

England U21s have drawn (in the 2011 UEFA European U21 Championship qualifiers in Group 9 - finals in Denmark) Portugal, Greece, Macedonia and Lithuania.

They also play Finland, Spain and Germany in June this year - in the 2009 UEFA European U21 Championship Finals being played in Sweden. So a busy time for the U21 squad.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Looking forward to a trip to Seville. Only on a day trip this time as saving holiday for Kazakhstan and Ukraine.

When I went to Seville with Spurs I though it was a shit place, with really shit beer. The ground has improved ALOT though since I went there as the general health and safety of the ground was appauling.

Though saying that the locals seemed friendly, and if you hate Real Betis, your'll get along fine. Since then I've adopted Real Betis as my Spanish team as they hate Seville.:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here