Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England vs Brazil - Gameday thread

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I thought it was a good game and a good way to open the new ground.
Beckham was good, As was the defence untill Brown came on.

Alan Smith was wank and I wish we would stop bringing Dyer on as a striker.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Was a decent game, we were just pants in the final third. With Hargreaves and Rooney back we should be ok if we play like that.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
First 35 minutes we were rubbish, no passes together and they could play right through us.

Rest of the match we were ok, draw fair result.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I thought there were alot of positives from it. So many crunching tackles from Terry and Gerrard,was great to finally see some fight back from someone in an England shirt!

Beckham played well,didn't think he should have gone off after 76 minutes mind,but still did a heck of a job,beautiful cross for the opener.

Zesh,you're spot on. Why did Lampard have to stay on?Why did Beckham have to make way for Downing or whoever came on for him?!Someone was saying on the radio he always under performs because of the system we play,what a load of bollocks!He's in the centre of midfield and supposedly one of the best players in the world there!He can't find it that hard surely?

Dissapointed with the Brazil equaliser but we played the best we have played for a few months,roll on Estonia!

skr80

Oct 9, 2003
Who was the bloke that shouted 'come on Brighton' by accident (block C) when singing along to Fat Les... :)

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I cant understand all the neggatives here. ok we were poor first half, but I thought we done enough to win it in the 2nd half. Beckham and Gerrard were superb IMHO. Wasnt overly impressed with Brazill last night.

We did well to put Brazil off, and make them realise they were in a game. They come to Wembley with nothing to lose, relaxed and ready to overwhelm us on our onw new football-citadel.
They might think they can get away with that 'jogo bonito' here, but for the fact we got stuck into them and went at them no-nonsense.

They still had the advantage, because we had to try a few things, players, positions - and they could just play football.
Happily the ref excellent, and wasn't anal about every tackle - as there were some proper ones (some refs blow every time there's contact or a player goes to ground).

1-1 looks a fair outcome to me, we could have won it, but then so could they.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
They used to do Land of Hope and Glory at the old Wembley when England walked out... and that used to be very rousing. If you get me...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Was anyone close to that person who collapsed, it was at the front, lower tier opposite the tunnel, from our lofty height it looked like he was having chest compressions done on him ??? hope they were ok

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here