Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] *** England v West Indies, Trent Bridge, 2nd Test. ***

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
WIndies inserted.

Crawley out for a DUCK in the first over.

Zak Crawley c Athanaze b AS Joseph 0 (3b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0

England 0-1

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The 6th, 7th (after a wide), 8th, 9th and 10th balls were each hit for FOUR (4 in a row for Fuckett)... and the same for 17th, 18th and 19th :laugh:

39-1 (3.1 overs)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was pleased when WI took that wicket, I’d like to see them compete.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England 50-1 (4.2 overs, RR 13.04)

Edit for accuracy: 50 partnership for Pope 16* and Duckett 33* from 23 balls - and 26 balls for the team to reach 50, which is the fastest ever in Test history :clap2:

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
England doing well in the powerplay

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
200 up before lunch, maybe.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I was pleased when WI took that wicket, I’d like to see them compete.
Same here, it's a real shame that cricket is on the down over in the Caribbean, We have links with a couple of teams over there, one in Barbados and one in Sint Maarten and the main problems stem from:

1. The corruption throughout the West Indies Cricket Board and some of the individual member states
  2. The rise of football internationally; it's easier and cheaper to play football and with players who have gone to play in Europe and the US, it's far more attractive and there is more money.
  3. Lack of investment in key facilities, not just stadiums. But nets, equipment and coaching.

We try and take a couple of players every year for experience, some are raw but have talent and some are clearly too good for the standard. However, it is getting harder to get players over unless they have European passports or are aussie/kiwi.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Watched Ben Duckett as a youngster at Northants. Best young player I had ever seen
It’s a shame he had a couple of injuries and then fell out with Jimmy Anderson…..
Would have now been one of the greats.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't get interested in a game against the Windies these days. It's sad what they've become.

Most of us grew up with the collection of Caribbean islands (and Guyana) absolutely battering England with world class bowlers and batsmen - I don't think I've ever seen a bowler as graceful and watchable as Michael Holding and as brilliant a batsman as Viv Richards since those halcyon days.

Now they're just world class bunnies who struggle against Zimbabwe. Their recent win in Australia was only notable because they had been so uncompetitive for years until then, and it has only papered over the cracks. Sad.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
A wicket... Duckett nicks to slip.

Ben Duckett c Holder b S Joseph 71 (59b 14x4 0x6) SR: 120.33

105-2

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I can't get interested in a game against the Windies these days. It's sad what they've become.

Most of us grew up with the collection of Caribbean islands (and Guyana) absolutely battering England with world class bowlers and batsmen - I don't think I've ever seen a bowler as graceful and watchable as Michael Holding and as brilliant a batsman as Viv Richards since those halcyon days.

Now they're just world class bunnies who struggle against Zimbabwe. Their recent win in Australia was only notable because they had been so uncompetitive for years until then, and it has only papered over the cracks. Sad.
One day we might even win a series over there again.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Watched Ben Duckett as a youngster at Northants. Best young player I had ever seen
It’s a shame he had a couple of injuries and then fell out with Jimmy Anderson…..
Would have now been one of the greats.
I saw him playing against Sussex at Wantage Road on the first day of the season a few years ago (it'll have been 2016). He hit a double hundred in the end. Looked class.

We took one wicket the whole time I was there and it fell while I was in the bar chatting to the guy working there. I've never been colder watching sport. :lolol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Lunch, Day One.

England inserted end on 134-2 (26 overs, RR5.15), Pope 47* Root 13*

Pope dropped of the penultimate ball - not too tricky at gully/backward point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here