Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England V Trinidad And Tobago - Nsc Official Thread

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
garry nelsons left foot said:
Lennon was very impressive. I hope he gets a decent run out against the swedes. The one genuine bright spot in a dismal performance.

I agree, Lennon's a good attacking player and has proved how good he can be in recent games.

bew4194 said:
I agree, Lennon's a good attacking player and has proved how good he can be in recent games.

I agree, but I have a feeling that if we applied the same terms of debate we've used about Brighton's games this season, we would have perhaps been criticising Lennon's final delivery, as many have on here re. Carole.

It is worth noting that it was once again a Beckham delivery that saved the day for England.

Sven's big problem - apart from the eternal one that he can't find (or won't pick) a passing midfielder to gell the likes of Gerrard and Beckham, surely has to be Michael Owen. He looks shot to me, too many injuries have finally done his pace?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Sven's big problem - apart from the eternal one that he can't find (or won't pick) a passing midfielder to gell the likes of Gerrard and Beckham, surely has to be Michael Owen. He looks shot to me, too many injuries have finally done his pace?

The last time he did his hamstring did his pace.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
I agree, but I have a feeling that if we applied the same terms of debate we've used about Brighton's games this season, we would have perhaps been criticising Lennon's final delivery, as many have on here re. Carole.

It is worth noting that it was once again a Beckham delivery that saved the day for England.

from a Lennon head down.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If we're lucky, Sweden and Paraguay will draw which will mean we'll win the group regardless of our result against the swedes. If that's to be the case, it'd be the perfect time to experiment a little.

I'd like to start Owen, give him one last chance to play himself into form/fitness. I'd also like to rest Lampard and Gerrard. They're both on a booking so if the groups sewn up there's no need to risk them picking up another yellow. We could bring Beckham (who, IMO, has been our best midfielder) into the centre and play him alongside Carrick/Hargreaves, allowing Lennon a run out from the start.

It'd be a great chance to give Walcott 20minutes too.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
London Irish said:

Cannot agree LI. Carole overdoes trying to get round the defender and ends up passing back too many times. Lennon was always trying to release the ball straight into the box. That injects speed and scares the defence whilst Carole gives the defence time to regroup.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The midfield needs to be sorted if we want to get anywhere because right now we are scraping by with a dysfunctional midfield. I'm not Gerrard's biggest fan, but I'd much much prefer Gerrard/Carrick to the dreadful Lampard/Gerrard pairing.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anyone see the 'SEAGULLS' St. George when the crowd were celebrating Gerrard's goal? The middle part was obscured but it started with 'S' and ended in 'GULLS'

:clap2: :albion: :clap2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They're both on a booking so if the groups sewn up there's no need to risk them picking up another yellow.

It'd be a great chance to give Walcott 20minutes too.

That doesn't matter the cards are cleared at the end of the group stages and they all start again. So it doesnt matter if we get 7 yellow cards against Sweden propvided it is not 2 to the same player to makea red.

If Walcott wasnt good enought to play against a side as poor as T & T why have him there at all? Who could he play against?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Miss of the tournament: Crouch's terrible acrobatic volley, when he had oodles of time to control, turn and bury it.

Save of the tournament: John Terry's spectacular hook away off the line.

Frustrating game as an England fan, but a killer for neutrals, I'd have thought.

No matter. Two-nil it is :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
BensGrandad said:
That doesn't matter the cards are cleared at the end of the group stages and they all start again. So it doesnt matter if we get 7 yellow cards against Sweden propvided it is not 2 to the same player to makea red.

Are you sure? I was under the belief that if you pick up two yellows in the group stage you automatically miss the next game whether it's a group game or the second round. I thought it was if you only had one yellow card after the group stage that it got waived.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Trigger said:
Crouch has got to come off ASAP... But you watch Sven take Owen off... And stick to this long hoof ball bollocks.

:angry:

what was that si ? :lolol: ( i gotta be honest, i was calling for him to come off as well..................till he scored :D )

we won...that was the main thing

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Are you sure? I was under the belief that if you pick up two yellows in the group stage you automatically miss the next game whether it's a group game or the second round. I thought it was if you only had one yellow card after the group stage that it got waived.

the way i understood it, was all yellow cards are forgotton about after the group stages and it starts again, now if a player gets sent off in the last game of the group stages, i can only assume he would miss the next game ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here