Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v South Africa - 2nd ODI - The Ageas Bowl, Southampton.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
That Amla is too good for England. In fact he's probably the best player in the world.

He is certainly right up there... 100* (96 balls)... his 10th ODI hundred (and 18 50's) in just 57 innings. :clap:

SA 206-3 (40.1 overs)

England looking at the thick end of 280+ here, at least, to try and retain their No.1 position in ODIs.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Pick an England team to beat the clowns on show at the Toilet Bowl:

Trescothick, Prior, Pietersen, Taylor, Bairstow, Wright, R Clarke, Woakes, Mascarenhas, Chappell, Panesar

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
He is certainly right up there... 100* (96 balls) :clap:

SA 206-3 (40.1 overs)

England looking at the thick end of 280+ here, to try and retain their No.1 position in ODIs.

It's strange how often we have a tourist that plays out of their skin. We just really struggle to get this guy out. I think no 2 in ODI is coming :(

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Pick an England team to beat the clowns on show at the Toilet Bowl:

Trescothick, Prior, Pietersen, Taylor, Bairstow, Wright, R Clarke, Woakes, Mascarenhas, Chappell, Panesar

Trescothick travels as well as gelignite.

agreed, Prior's so much better in Test's AND ODI

Except that Prior averages 24.18 from 62 innings, with three 50s, while Kieswetter averages 30.80 from 33 innings, with one century and five 50s.

The perception has been (in recent years at least) that Prior scores too many of his runs square of the wicket, and that when he faces quality one day bowling he is unable to free the shackles by hitting in different areas. His average (over at least two, possibly three or more?) stints in the one day team is pretty rubbish, and while Kieswetter is not much cop he's almost 6 years younger than Prior. His keeping is probably about the same (or maybe a little better?) than Prior's at the same age.

edit to add: I'm not saying that Kieswetter is necessarily the right choice; just that I don't think Prior is either.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
ABdV plays round a straight on from Swann... 230-4 (43.4)

A good wicket for England... although du Plessis can BASH it around a bit too.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It's strange how often we have a tourist that plays out of their skin. We just really struggle to get this guy out. I think no 2 in ODI is coming :(

It's not just us...

ScreenShot128.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here