Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v India *Official Thread*

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
England win the toss and will bat first. They're unchanged. India captain Mahendra Dhoni makes one (enforced) change - Praveen Kumar misses out with injury and left-arm seamer RP Singh takes his place.

Should be 4-0 come Saturday evening

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
a bit suprised at the decision to bowl first, condidtions over cast and bowlers on fire?

The thinking may be that without Kumar, their bowling attack is Village standard at best and we can pile on the runs today and tomorrow.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It hadnt' actualy occured to me then that Kumar isn't playing. The one bowler who looked contantly threatening, Singh does NOT look fit. I do hope this match isn't as one sided as the last.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
75/0 at lunch. Did well not to lose a wicket there, though from what I saw the Indian bowling wasn't exactly FIREY.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is it still raining? I'm going tomorrow so keen to see us still batting.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Is it still raining? I'm going tomorrow so keen to see us still batting.

They are still showing the ODI from 2007... so I guess so.

The forecast for tomorrow (and Saturday) is better, so you should see England batting.

Hope you have a great day.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Although looking at this there may be too much time lost to get a result...

ScreenShot083.jpg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They tend to make up a lot of overs on the good days though so suspect they will have enough time to win the game. A good bit of rain today means lots of overs to watch tomorrow.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I just got back from the Oval. What a joke, between 10 to 24.5 overs = 50% refund. We saw 26 overs, 7 deliveries over the 24.5, and so no refund at all. How many other events can you see where you witness only 1/4 of the scheduled event and still have to pay full price? I see shit loads of cricket, but that is a piss take, I don't know why the spectator is the one taking the hit on the weather? It is bullshit to see so little cricket and have to pay so much. I'm thoroughly f***ed off, and not a single thing put on by Surrey to entertain the crowd in anyway. Weather is shit, we can all accept that, but your every day supporter shouldn't be paying for it just because they were unlucky enough to have rain.

On the plus side I met Wasim Akram whom I spotted having a fag outside the media stand at the Oval. In 1996, I witnessed him make Nick Knight soil his kit with such a furious spell of bowling along with Waqar Younis, it made an entire Lords crowd flinch in fear for the hapless Knight! He was happy to have a chat and a great man to speak to. A shine on an otherwise dull day.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
75/0 at lunch. Did well not to lose a wicket there, though from what I saw the Indian bowling wasn't exactly FIREY.

I was there, always a bit different in the stand, but I thought Sharma, especially from the Vauxhall end got his lines just right. While Sreesanth was still wayward, Singh was on the money. During Sharma and Singh's spell it seemed at least Cook or Strauss played and missed at least once an over. Sharma's and Singh's figures were pretty decent. Then again I was chatting and drinking beer at the same time, so I could be talking b*llocks!

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I just got back from the Oval. What a joke, between 10 to 24.5 overs = 50% refund. We saw 26 overs, 7 deliveries over the 24.5, and so no refund at all. How many other events can you see where you witness only 1/4 of the scheduled event and still have to pay full price? I see shit loads of cricket, but that is a piss take, I don't know why the spectator is the one taking the hit on the weather? It is bullshit to see so little cricket and have to pay so much. I'm thoroughly f***ed off, and not a single thing put on by Surrey to entertain the crowd in anyway. Weather is shit, we can all accept that, but your every day supporter shouldn't be paying for it just because they were unlucky enough to have rain.

On the plus side I met Wasim Akram whom I spotted having a fag outside the media stand at the Oval. In 1996, I witnessed him make Nick Knight soil his kit with such a furious spell of bowling along with Waqar Younis, it made an entire Lords crowd flinch in fear for the hapless Knight! He was happy to have a chat and a great man to speak to. A shine on an otherwise dull day.

I was there too an absolutely with you on that. Absolute disgrace and it wouldn't surprise me if the Indian team got a cheeky little bonus from the ECB for managing to get 26 in.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I was there too an absolutely with you on that. Absolute disgrace and it wouldn't surprise me if the Indian team got a cheeky little bonus from the ECB for managing to get 26 in.

This might seem irrational, but I hate everyone who is going to enjoy a full days cricket in the sun at the Oval today, including [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION]! Look at it today, lovely, I'm gutted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here