Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Hungary - How to greet the team?

How to greet England against Hungary

• Boo

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • Minute of silence

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • The usual

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Manic applause

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's no doubt the atmosphere is going to start flat at best. What we need is for three or four players to come into that side and have good debuts. I'd leave out James, Terry, Gerrard, Rooney and Lampard and play Hart, Dawson, Rodwell, Huddlestone and Zamora.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
I will be going as I try to attend every England home game and will cheering the players as normal. I will not be booing the players and then moan if we dont win. I will be going to support the team. I am not blind to the fact the tournament did not go well at all but as other posters have said, when Brighton have been relegated, should I not have supported them the next season?

I take it people who insist on booing their own team will continue to boo the team during the euros? Or when will the players 'punishment' end? Yes, the World Cup was not a success by any stretch of the imagination and they will know that as much as anyone, but what better way to get over it by showing the boys the country is still behind them and lets push on and qualify strongly again this time for euros. A good win in this friendly will get us underway with it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I find that most of the fans that are inclined to boo their team when they underperform/achieve, start every match behind the team, wanting and hoping for success, and they cheer the team when they come out, and cheer them when the game gets going. They will then turn on them if they continue to fail to live up to expectation (and I don't mean artificially high expectation, I mean regular "pass to a team mate" expectation of professional footballers).

People did boo the albion when we lost, when we were facing relegation. Etc. But at the start of every game we all got behind the team. It was then up to the team to keep us on their side.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Nothing would hit home more than if people didnt turn up, if had a half empty Wembley, then they would realise these supposed superstars arent wanted as been given chances under Mcclaren, Eriksson and now Capello and everytime managed to put blame on manager.
They had chance for years on years, now fans want to see people who want to play for country and put some effort in, let the big stars like Gerrard, Terry, Lampard, Cole, all pick up big money and rest when internationals as they obviousally care more about money and holidays etc than playing for England.
I would think if fans did want to goto the game but stayed silent through the entire game hehe that would be awesome and would be big reviews, we will beat hungary i bet about 4-0 and then people forget all about world cup, i wont as showed they not upto it or dont wanna be up for it.
They shouldnt get away with letting the Nation down.
ps if Rooney wants to be included in list above if he is getting above his station id be fine if he didnt play again, as he put more effort into having a go at fans than he did in entire tournament. we dont need players who do this.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
I'm sorry but I can't stand hearing about how the players don't care/ don't put effort in, or are more worried about the money.....absolute tosh. Nobody forces them to play for England. Wayne Bridge didn't want to so he declined, he'll still get paid the same from Manchester City. If they 'couldnt be bothered' then they would not play. As for the money, if a company offered me that amount of money to do something I loved I think I would say yes!

Again, the tournament didn't go well but lets remember that we did qualify from the group and lost to a team that are still in the tournament after destroying one of the favourites in Argentina.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here