Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Hungary - How to greet the team?

How to greet England against Hungary

• Boo

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • Minute of silence

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • The usual

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Manic applause

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You could pay me £100 and cover my travelling expenses and I wouldn't bother going. I wouldn't cross the road to watch that surly bunch of underachievers.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
We went out of the world cup. Hey, that's life. Get over it and move on. :shrug:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's unfair to call the people going mugs. Some are loyal fans who have been going for years and will follow the team through thick and thin. They'll want the cap for going along. I know cos I was one of them mugs, but I have had enough and shant be renewing my membership.

Agree with your first 3 sentances. Unfortunately your last sentance ruined it :down:

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
Hungary are a pretty poor side,even worse than us! When,with the pressure off,we
inevietably beat them comfortably,some people will assume our problems are behind us!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
3476918121_27a95af760.jpg

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I would hope that there's a lot of different faces in the squad, this should be the start of teambuilding for the European championships so time for out with the old and in with the new. It's time to realise that because most of World cup players are probably the best Engishmen in their club sides, doesn't mean tah they are the best equipped to play and work hard for each other as a team.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would hope that there's a lot of different faces in the squad, this should be the start of teambuilding for the European championships so time for out with the old and in with the new. It's time to realise that because most of World cup players are probably the best Engishmen in their club sides, doesn't mean tah they are the best equipped to play and work hard for each other as a team.

The team has to be different to the current one. I mean, how many more tournaments, or years, do they need to prove they are not up to it?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Walcott and Rooney up front, lets try something NEW. Walcott should be a striker anyway

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I would go with the usual, which is little more than polite applause and joining in the dirge of a national anthem, at least this shouldn't intimidate the swathes of new players if Mr Capello can manage to get the wrapper off that new broom of his.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It'll be an experimental team against Hungary, probably only Milner that played at the World Cup so a subdued welcome.

To not qualify for the European Championships in Poland and Ukraine would be heartbreaking as they'll put on a great tournament.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It'll be an experimental team against Hungary, probably only Milner that played at the World Cup so a subdued welcome.

To not qualify for the European Championships in Poland and Ukraine would be heartbreaking as they'll put on a great tournament.

Umm, that might be a good one to miss...much as I have enjoyed meeting lots of Poles and Ukrainians many of their football fans are stuck where we were in the late 70's and early 80's, the temptation might be a little to strong for our wonderful brand of knuckle dragging morons to resist joining in.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ordinarily, the Hungary match would be damn near a 1st XI because we have two important qualifying matches very soon afterwards.

That said, if Cappello starts with 7 or 8 of the World Cup "failures" then the fans won't be happy and it could turn into a boo-fest, the like of which we saw 4 years ago.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I'd imagine that, if sales are sluggish, the FA will manage to fill huge parts of Wembley with special deals for schoolkids etc.

Like others, I'm hoping for a fresh team, with lots of new faces... including Bobby Zamora, if fit. Arguably, this is an important moment for English football: will Capello look to change things significantly, or are we just looking at more of the same?

While I don't think the team that went to South Africa in any way needs 'applauding', I do worry that if people give this game minimal attention, that will by association perpetuate the perception that the Premier League matters more. Which I think was a major factor in the underwhelming WC campaign.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here